Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Ryobi Electric Impact

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  RodV1KLT 
#1 ·
I have several of the Ryobi One+ tools and have gotten very good service from them.

Home Depot (maybe USA only ?) Is running a promotion to get a free tool if you buy a battery/charger kit. The kit is $159.00. (The "free" impact gun is normally $219)

The high torque impact gun (Model#: PBLIW01B) is reported to have 1,170 ft-lbs breakaway torque and 700 ft-lbs fastening torque.

I put the battery/charger and gun in the cart ... paid 159+tax for both (free shipping to my house)

Ought to be good for those pesky front sprocket nuts ... among other things.

Here's a link to the tool page ... below the description is "free gift with purchase" link ... click that and add both to cart.

Merry Christmas to me 🎅

RYOBI ONE+ HP 18V Brushless Cordless 4-Mode 1/2 in. High Torque Impact Wrench (Tool Only) PBLIW01B - The Home Depot

See less See more
#2 ·
Saved my money. Don't need anything on the list. I prefer Lowes and use their kobalt 24v line of tools. Of course they suck you in with a deal knowing a lot of people then want to stick with the same battery system when purchasing more tools. Great marketing strategy.

I also prefer to use hand tools on my bikes. More pleasurable experience for me. :)

#3 ·
... they suck you in with a deal knowing a lot of people then want to stick with the same battery system when purchasing more tools. Great marketing strategy.
Yep ... Ryobi got me years ago. Last year I had to change a camper tire on the road and thought it would be really handy to have one of these... so I've been looking for a deal, and voila - present for me.

I also need to rotate the tires on my wife's car ... so I will probably take delivery of my present early to test it out ... easier and quieter than the air tools if it works as planned 👍🏻

#10 ·
I also prefer to use hand tools on my bikes. More pleasurable experience for me. :)
I did the front sprocket like that the first time. Hammer on wrench while bracing rear wheel with a wrecking bar. My air impact had gone missing. I failed to find any pleasure in it, but managed to break it loose with a few expletives.
I’ve since found my impact gun. Much easier

#6 ·
Same ... Don't particularly like home depot... but I have a drill, impact drill/driver, jigsaw, circular saw, mini compressor, and now this 1/2" impact gun on the way. Some are 10ish years old and work great... for hobbyist use anyway.

#14 ·
I’ve lost count of how many Ryobi tools I have. Only ”failure” has been one of my very first batteries - which I simply chalk up to “normal old age”. As for the 1/2” impact, mine has been perfect for the front sprocket on several bikes and for numerous tire rotations on my cages.

Reactions: JT in GA
#24 ·
Finally got around to rotating the tires on my wife's car. Easiest tire rotation ever.

4 tires x 5 lugs ea. No hoses, no loud air compressor. Quiet, fast, and trouble free. Didn't even use a "bar" of power on the gauge on the battery.

#28 ·
Finally got around to rotating the tires on my wife's car. Easiest tire rotation ever.

4 tires x 5 lugs ea. No hoses, no loud air compressor. Quiet, fast, and trouble free. Didn't even use a "bar" of power on the gauge on the battery.
Yep, only thing that makes tire rotations any easier is my QuickJack! Sometimes I wonder why I waited so long to invest in one! 👍

Reactions: JT in GA
#26 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.