Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several of the Ryobi One+ tools and have gotten very good service from them.

Home Depot (maybe USA only ?) Is running a promotion to get a free tool if you buy a battery/charger kit. The kit is $159.00. (The "free" impact gun is normally $219)

The high torque impact gun (Model#: PBLIW01B) is reported to have 1,170 ft-lbs breakaway torque and 700 ft-lbs fastening torque.

I put the battery/charger and gun in the cart ... paid 159+tax for both (free shipping to my house)

Ought to be good for those pesky front sprocket nuts ... among other things.

Here's a link to the tool page ... below the description is "free gift with purchase" link ... click that and add both to cart.

Merry Christmas to me 馃巺

RYOBI ONE+ HP 18V Brushless Cordless 4-Mode 1/2 in. High Torque Impact Wrench (Tool Only) PBLIW01B - The Home Depot

Registered
Saved my money. Don't need anything on the list. I prefer Lowes and use their kobalt 24v line of tools. Of course they suck you in with a deal knowing a lot of people then want to stick with the same battery system when purchasing more tools. Great marketing strategy.

I also prefer to use hand tools on my bikes. More pleasurable experience for me. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... they suck you in with a deal knowing a lot of people then want to stick with the same battery system when purchasing more tools. Great marketing strategy.
Yep ... Ryobi got me years ago. Last year I had to change a camper tire on the road and thought it would be really handy to have one of these... so I've been looking for a deal, and voila - present for me.

I also need to rotate the tires on my wife's car ... so I will probably take delivery of my present early to test it out ... easier and quieter than the air tools if it works as planned 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not a fan of HD, but that's a pretty good deal, and will pay for itself over time. I've got a Ryobi electric drill with the battery, and it's a good tool.
Same ... Don't particularly like home depot... but I have a drill, impact drill/driver, jigsaw, circular saw, mini compressor, and now this 1/2" impact gun on the way. Some are 10ish years old and work great... for hobbyist use anyway.

Super Moderator
RYOBI 18V tools.... (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

IF you don't want to count - EIGHTEEN 'thumbs-up'...!

:cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. I switched to Ryobi electrics for lawn/weed machines and it's proven to be a great choice so far. Haven't gotten any of the hand tools.
Do they use the same battery (18v) as the drills, etc? 馃

My 23year old Stihl string trimmer may die one day ... and my yard is smaller these days ....

PS - hope your winter project is going well!

Registered
Vx300 14/43: Urban Assault Vehicle
I also prefer to use hand tools on my bikes. More pleasurable experience for me. :)
I did the front sprocket like that the first time. Hammer on wrench while bracing rear wheel with a wrecking bar. My air impact had gone missing. I failed to find any pleasure in it, but managed to break it loose with a few expletives.
I鈥檝e since found my impact gun. Much easier

Registered
I did the front sprocket like that the first time. Hammer on wrench while bracing rear wheel with a wrecking bar. My air impact had gone missing. I failed to find any pleasure in it, but managed to break it loose with a few expletives.
I鈥檝e since found my impact gun. Much easier
I have a nice assortment of hand tools. Using a pipe from one of my pipe clamps on a 3 foot bar broke the sprocket loose easily.

Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
I'm not a fan of HD
Same ... Don't particularly like home depot
:ROFLMAO:
Twenty years ago I did a 4 year stretch at Casa Depot, 4 years of my life I'll NEVER get back
I have a dying Ryobi gas weed eater, thinking of replacing with the 40V electric Ryobi, waiting till spring, anyone have an opinion on it?

Registered
I鈥檝e lost count of how many Ryobi tools I have. Only 鈥漟ailure鈥 has been one of my very first batteries - which I simply chalk up to 鈥渘ormal old age鈥. As for the 1/2鈥 impact, mine has been perfect for the front sprocket on several bikes and for numerous tire rotations on my cages.

Super Moderator
...I hear that if the battery runs low, you can run them on WD40. Can't get enough of either 馃憤馃徎馃ぃ....
NO! You got THAT wrong. Supposed to sip it after it's poured into the battery-box...!

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!

...Do they use the same battery (18v) as the drills, etc? 馃
Yes - SAME! And it doesn't matter if they are the older ones or the new.

Registered
Also... I was amazed at how much more "battery life" I got when I sharpened my mower blade. It was as if my battery doubled. I used to be able to mow the yard and weed-eat on one charge... maybe. But after sharpening, I could probably do that twice on a single charge.

Registered
Do they use the same battery (18v) as the drills, etc? 馃

My 23year old Stihl string trimmer may die one day ... and my yard is smaller these days ....

PS - hope your winter project is going well!
I have the 40V mower/weedeater (hence a different battery than the 18V hand tools). I don't have any experience with the 18V system.

Winter project is moving slowly as I'm waiting for a key component that will arrive in January:(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the 40V mower/weedeater (hence a different battery than the 18V hand tools). I don't have any experience with the 18V system.

Winter project is moving slowly as I'm waiting for a key component that will arrive in January:(
I was hoping you were making some headway on that winter project... always seems to be a weak link in the supply chain to slow things down. At least we've had some warmer weather lately to enjoy some riding 馃槈馃憤馃徎馃弽

I may look into the "bigger" electric options when the time comes.

That electric impact came in Saturday, and I tested it out on the 8-lug camper axles ... and it beats my HF "earthquake" air impact. As long as it holds up, I'll mark it up as a success 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎

1 - 20 of 21 Posts