Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know what type connector is wired for the factory aux lights, and is that connection switched via the high beams or anything like that?

I'm looking at installing the Aurora 2 LED's from cyclops via that factory connection and seeing if I'll need to do the traditional relay tap into the high beam circuit to tigger the high power when i flip my factory switch. The DRL's on them will be always on or I may look into making them work in concert with my turn signals as well.

In the past I've run 3 sets of Komy lights (much less expensive) and never had any fail over many miles, but I want something with a low power option to always be on.

* I've found you can just buy the factory aux light harness only, so that sorts that out. I'll just use that to the lights and have the DRL's always on and then trigger full power via a relay and positap into the high beam hot lead. No extra switches on the bars for me.

SW Motech bracket, Aurora lights and factory Harness = $380 vs the $600 for the factory Aux lights or @ 400 for just the Denali lights, then bracket/wires about 460-500 if you go that route.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The installed connector is just 2 pin to supply power, no Hi beam circuit. You will need to install the aux relay and then the connector has power when the key switch is ON. It is pretty handy unless you have already added other accessories and installed a fuseblock or something for them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The installed connector is just 2 pin to supply power, no Hi beam circuit. You will need to install the aux relay and then the connector has power when the key switch is ON. It is pretty handy unless you have already added other accessories and installed a fuseblock or something for them.
No that's fine it's just a power lead. It just saves routing another wire from a fuse block (which i don't need) to the lights so the install will be cleaner. It's no problem using a relay from the high beams to trigger the high power of the lights.
Cyclops offered to match up the connector types on their harness tot he factory one so the install will just be routing the wires like the factory kit installation (using that harness) and connecting the lights and relay up front. I'm using SW motech mount and Cyclops Aurora DRL lights which has a @ 600 lumen daytime running light feature (sort of a ring around the main light).

The owners manual states 3.3 amps total for all connections which should be fine with the lights consuming 3.1 amps and the only other consumption is the USB plug up from which is typically not in use much. (I use another lead on the back to charge a powerbank during the day for long rides then charge phones/sena/headlamps etc off of that, (it's a 26500mah qc 3.0 pack) So i'm typically not charging on the go as everything has enough power as is. I don't use a cell for navigation as I have a tomtom rider 550 on the bike.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
I know this is the X300 thread but connectors are the same, for $4.96 you can't buy one connector for that.

Also

Reactions: michael w

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is the X300 thread but connectors are the same, for $4.96 you can't buy one connector for that.

Also
been looking for that thanks michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts