Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the rubber caps that cover the base of the mirrors? Mine are worn and cracked either looking for a pair on here, or an online source. Thank you.
-Mike

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You probably won't find them. The mirrors are serviced as a unit. I'm surprised you still have the original ones, because they are kind of crappy. Ebay is your friend if you want inexpensive new ones.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Seems to me that there must be a source for just the rubber caps...
apparently not if the mirror doesn't break down to it's components in the kawi parts catalog.

I had an old 1971 BMW 2002. I needed the 'Bakelite' trim knob that threads to the end of the wiper stalk.
Unfortunately the stalk only broke down to ...the complete stalk assembly!
(electronics and all) in the factory parts catalog.:eek:
Can you say..."shirt of your back"...EXPENSIVE!
BUT, fortunately the whole assembly only cost 15 bucks US!!!! (1981 dollars but still very cheap):thumb:
Those were kinder, gentler times...Back then BMW's were no more costly to maintain than a Dodge Dart.

Try a motorcycle bone yard....otherwise, up grade on the 'cheap'.
Lot's of options there.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You have to understand that Kawasaki doesn't make those mirrors. They buy them from a vendor that makes them, and is probably the lowest bidder as well, judging from their lack of quality. They were the first things I replaced. You were just lucky to have them function long enough for the rubber to deteriorate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts