Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I like to "keep going when the road turns to dirt", and for me, that entails standing on the 'pegs a lot, I bought a set of 2" rise ROX Risers from another 'inmate' here :)thanx:). Got them installed a few days ago, and here're a few observations (and pics...).

As installed by me, they had to 'come back' slightly, rather than just add the 2" rise straight up, because they touch the stock-riser inhibiting their forward movement (I intend trying again to see whether I can get them further forward). IF I can't move them forward (I MIGHT remove some metal so they don't touch the stocker, IF necessary...), then I might contact ROX and ask if they could make one with something like a 2 3/8" rise, obviating that contact point.

Ergonomics: WOW! These are comfortable while sitting, and REALLY put the controls where I NEED them (compared to stock) when I "get up on the 'pegs". An inch or so FORWARD is ALL I would ask for, to improve them for me.

Once I "do" the D2D this June I'll have a decent 'ride-report'.
:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have the 2in Rox Risers as well. At 6'02" with the Seat Concepts seat they were a requirement. I had tried Speedy's 1in risers but they just weren't big enough.

Love my risers. No hunching over to reach the bars for me.

I have mine rotated back much further than what you have pictured. If you're looking straight down at the stock riser my handlebars go right across the middle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too have ROX 2" risers on my V. I needed the bars brought up and back to suit my sitting position, as my arms are shorter than most (32/33 sleeve). The riding position is 100% better for me. Mine are also the anti-vibe version. It does help with the vibes in the handlebars.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you guys modify the cables lengths to install them?...
Nope.

But I DID remove a bit from each side of my windshield to allow the mirrors space at full-lock. (Yamaha Majesty 'shield, HEAVILY modded...!)

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've had them for a couple years. When I put the Baldwin tall set on last year they went from nice to have to necessary.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went for a 30 mile dirt run yesterday, with lots more mud than I'd anticipated. Very comfortable standing on the 'pegs, which I NEEDED to do (or else I'd have done a 'face-plant' when it got wet and muddy), and it would have been BETTER if I'd waited till I install my Tourance tires. As it was, my ContiMotions did NOT let me down (tho' I was asking God to PLEASE get me thru this...), tho' they are FAR from dirt-tires - check the third and fourth pics.
:eek:

Spent a pleasant hour or so today cleaning all that BC mud off the GREEN HORNET....

:censored:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My 2" ROX Risers worked just FINE on my D2D ride, enough so that I bought a set of used 2" Anti-Vibe ROX Risers from another inmate of this forum:)thanx:), and mounted them up onto BIG RED once I got back here to AZ. What I found is that the Anti-Vibe ROX Risers 'fix' the one issue I had w/ the originals:
- there's JUST enough extra clearance (a bit MORE than 2" I guess...) on them that I was able to rotate them forwards enough to clear the OEM riser, and puts the bars at the SAME position fore-and-aft as the originals, and as long as you understand that you'd have clearance issues w/ SOME windshields, they can rotate FORWARD giving room for tall guys.... I did some 'standing-on-the-pegs' thru the Valley of the Gods in Utah....
:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
How tell are you Eddie? I'm 5'10" and the motech riser I have is ok but I'm wondering if these would be better to bring the bars back towards me. Or If I would even want that, I don't stand up a whole lot but I occasionally due when hitting dirt.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm 5 10 as well and the anti-vibe risers are great. I do stand a bit as well when tired of sitting, or on dirt roads etc. Love them.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How tell are you Eddie? I'm 5'10" and the motech riser I have is ok but I'm wondering if these would be better to bring the bars back towards me. Or If I would even want that, I don't stand up a whole lot but I occasionally due when hitting dirt.
I'm 5'10", 32" inseam. I didn't want the bars any closer to me (which the solid ROX risers do - SLIGHTLY), but needed them higher for when I do stand. When sitting (front of stock seat raised 9/16") my forearms are just a little LESS than level, and standing I don't end up w/ a "crick" in my back w/ the risers!

I LIKE the fact that the bars are the same re: fore-and-aft, as the stockers, and (bearing in mind mirror to windshield clearance issues) I CAN move them forward some amount... IF I feel a need.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks for all the good pics guys, really gives a good idea of the setup. I have the Rox on my DR and really like them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts