Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Wow. My buddy hit a dear last Summer, broke his own right leg in the collision, and still kept the bike upright. Doing that is a rare and lucky event I think. Great job by the V pilot!

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Skippy was a good size, and killed on impact. It spewed some excrement on the clutch cover... Front fender is all broken, and the front brake line clips are broken off. I don't know if it's just the close camera angle, but the fork legs look bent back.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Bummer poor Roo...ster! :(

Bet bad damage to V! Both forks bent! :eek:

Glad the dude wasn't hurt or in a bad wreck! :eek:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Well always thought the green one looked like poo...Now we know its Roo Poo.:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
often go roo chasing but its normally on my dirt bike, however last year 20 minutes after sunset a "Big Red" was 1 meter away from me and the misus around a blind bend in the hills, i lucky stopped just in time and it just looked at me, pretty scary when its head is higher than yours, they have legs the can kill on impact if they want to use them

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
What's its longest distance in a single bound ever recorded? Do they use their front legs at all?

Some cougars have imigrated in these parts from out west... The cougar is able to leap as high as 5.5 m (18 ft) in one bound, and as far as 40 to 45 ft (12 to 13.5 m) horizontally. Top running speed ranges between 64 and 80 km/h (40 and 50 mph), but is best adapted for short, powerful sprints rather than long chases.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
He hit it just right to not have a side force on the bike. It is when the run into you that it throws the bike off or if they tangle in the front end stopping the wheel or impact the rider peeling him off the bike that is a guarantee get off.

I think the fisheye lense is making the forks look bent since they are on the edge of the picture frame.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What's its longest distance in a single bound ever recorded? Do they use their front legs at all?

Some cougars have imigrated in these parts from out west... The cougar is able to leap as high as 5.5 m (18 ft) in one bound, and as far as 40 to 45 ft (12 to 13.5 m) horizontally. Top running speed ranges between 64 and 80 km/h (40 and 50 mph), but is best adapted for short, powerful sprints rather than long chases.
The cougar wins, they have big teeth, they do use there front legs when they are feeding on grass etc, then they are on all 4's at times, as far and biggest leap not sure, but the small to medium ones i have chased would do 3 to 4 meters every bound easliy and if you get to close have seen 6 meters leaps they can easily cruise on 60 kph i have chased them for around 4ks but they do start to tire, they are not very smart i have be side by side 5 meters away and the next big leap crossed my path at around 60kph, so now i am older i am smarter, if a Roo hits you at dirt bike speeds you wont be getting back on the bike in good shape.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Maybe if y'all weren't driving on the wrong side of the road, none of this would have ever happened! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts