Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please follow us on AdvRider. We will be posting as much as possible.

Introduction

Rode
Founded in our helmets

Synopsis. In late 2009, boy meets girl in motorcycle garage in Brooklyn, boy leaves a note in her parking spot and ask if she is interested in a ride. Girl accepts! They ride all over New England. Boy dates girl :) Summer 2010 rolls along, boy and girl take a trip to Nova Scotia exploring the roads of Cabot’s Trail and more. The massive dreadful winter of 2010/2011, boy and girl plans a trip circumnavigating USA. Putting their minds and passion together, they come up with a plan to share their passion and interest in motorcycle travelling. Thus, Rode was created…

Boy - Eugene
Girl – Agi

Boy bike - Kawasaki Versys 2011
Girl bike - BMW F650 GS 2009

Trip

We are embarking on our trip this Saturday, Sept. 10 and have broken down our trip in three legs:

NYC -> Portland, OR
Portland, OR -> Austin, TX
Austin, TX -> NYC

Due to time constraints and approved work holidays, Agi will be riding leg 1 solo and Eugene will be flying into Portland on Sept. 21 having his bike shipped and joining Agi for leg 2 and 3. Here is the preliminary map of our journey:

During the entire trip, we have three hard deadlines:

Arrive in Portland on Sept. 21
Arrive in Austin, TX Sept. 30 - attend a friends wedding during our trip, yes, we did receive approval to wear our helmets for the reception :)
Arrive back in NYC on Oct. 9 - gotta work on Monday!

We love sharing our passion of riding with friends and family and hope to share with the ADV community and more. For all those plugged into social networking, we will be posting daily updates on Facebook and Twitter:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Rode.adv
Twitter: RodeAdv

We also plan to update this thread when possible. Please feel free to suggest routes, places to see, eat and/or sleep! This is our longest trip yet and looking forward to the adventure!

Stay tuned for videos, pictures and more!

·
Registered
764 Posts
she will be fine but i think you will be chilly in that Sirocco jacket. Props for wearing great gear and double props for finding a cool chick that loves to ride.

Check out our Couch surfing thread, we have riders all over the US that will let you stay at their place for free. Its worth a look .

·
Registered
180 Posts
We have a guest room/bath that just sit there waiting for guests (with garage space).

We are about 1/2 hour off Highway 101 in California, about 3 hours north of San Francisco in Lakeport.

Free lodging?

Have a great trip,

Michael

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The V just got loaded, off to Portland! Tomorrow the B is leaving NYC to Portland... The trip is starting!

Thanks for the replies and wishing us luck.

michael95453, once we see the pacific ocean we'll remember you and maybe take you up on your offer! thank you!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Eugene,

If you think you'd like to stay in Lakeport, just email me at [email protected]. I'll reply with my phone #. I'm retired and usually around. We will even accept last-minute decisions, we're flexible!

I will be on my own trip to Oregon 9/16-9/20; back home in plenty of time for you folks to ride by.

Good Luck,

Michael

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Base Camp NYC reporting in. Sorry, we haven't been able to update the trip. Agi is well on her way to Portland. She is on Day 10 of the trip and she just rode through Yellowstone and Beartooth Pass and approaching Missoula, MT as we speak.

We have been able to make updates on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/rode.adv, so please follow us there!

I will be flying out to Portland tomorrow to reunite with my Versys to start leg 2 of the trip, Portland, OR -> Austin, TX.

Thanks for following us and I hope to update this thread along the trip!

:thanx:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts