Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
It's been getting warm here, and NOT RAINING, so I left home yesterday at 0820, my NIKON SLR camera in my tank-bag, keeping 'company' w/ an apple and a cheese bagel. [Can't wear the NIKON around my neck due to its weight and size - REALLY miss my busted CANON PowerShot! - so pics will be a bit "few-and-far-between"....:cool:]

I started the ride N along Lake Okanagan as I usually do, and took a pic looking NW from Carr's Landing. As you can see - clear (and you CAN'T SEE - warm!).

DSC_0001 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I had the USUAL "twisties-ride" (Pekes17 can tell you about it from when we rode it in rain about a week ago) along the lake, filled-up my gas-tank in Vernon, then turned E onto BC 6, looking for the FSR (Forestry Service Road) along the Kettle River, going S to Christian Valley, and S to BC 33 at Westbridge, then turning N thru Beaverdell enroute to Kelowna and home.

Any of you that have read my RIDE REPORTS will probably remember that I rode to Christian Valley via Beaverdell several times over the years, along dirt roads and paths (NOT single-tracks), a PDG ride!

I was just enjoying the "flow" in the twisties, then came to the FSR I was looking for, heading S, so I turned.

DSC_0003 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

It's quite wide early on, but I could see that it was beginning to narrow, just as a HUGE dust-cloud w/ the nose of a VERY big semi poking thru it w/ a DOUBLE TRAILER of LONG logs trailing came 'boiling-up' headed N. As I pulled over to the right side, a memory of being forced OFF, and INTO the right-side ditch by another logging truck several years back came to me in TECHNICOLOR, so I let the dust settle while deciding I would 'pass-up' THIS particular FSR because of the dangers (riding ALONE!).

Down the road a piece I saw another 'LESS traveled FSR' so I ventured in a few miles, took this pic,

DSC_0005 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

then back out to BC 6, looking for a place to stop for my 'lunch'. Found this road so here's my 'picnic' spot....(y)

DSC_0006 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

At Vernon I headed back along the lake, S, then down a dirt-road for these views. 馃槑

DSC_0008 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

A FAIRLY steep hill...

DSC_0009 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

that DOES level off... SOME!

DSC_0010 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

And here's the view S, w/ Kelowna's Bennet Bridge JUST in view at the 'narrows'.

DSC_0011 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

From there about another 20 minutes of fun twisties, home about 1300, 320 kms (200 miles) done in about 4 1/2 hours - TIME for a BREWSKI!

馃嵑

OR several...!

馃嵒

(y)(y)

Registered
Another scenic ride with spectacular photos and great narrative. You're no doubt are thankful you're not in Arizona, or anywhere in the southwest portion of America at present. High temperatures in San Antonio have been above 100 degrees for the past week or so and when heat index is included we contend with temps over 110. Doesn't look as if we'll make it to Maine this year so we'll just swelter and suck it up.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
...You're no doubt are thankful you're not in Arizona, or anywhere in the southwest portion of America at present....
UNFORTUNATELY I can imagine that due to Covid 19 AND the "Supplementary Health Insurance" issue, we PROBABLY will NOT be able to be 'Snowbirds' this fall.

NOT looking forward to missing AZ and the US SW... - and ACTUALLY experiencing a Canuck winter after 18 years!

(n)(n)

:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts