Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my insurance today and inquired about road side service, ran out of gas, flat tire, etc. No go, not offered for motorcycles. So what do you do?

·
Registered
410 Posts
What insurance company do you have? Do you have full coverage? I think most companies offer it with full coverage. I have roadside and towing with Geico.

I know AAA offered it to me. It was for any vehicle, even motorcycles. I declined AAA, since I always have a car under warranty (roadside included) and most of the time at least one bike has full coverage, so Geico includes it on all my bikes on the policy.

Try AAA and see what they offer you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Look into AMA membership. It includes roadside/towing assistance. I had to use it once when a fuel fitting on my BMW cracked in the Sierra Mountains. A flatbed tow truck showed up and got my bike to our hotel parking lot where I was able to make a temporary fix. Didn't cost me a penny.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
AMA is $50/year and the only constraint is the same call type (of about 20 kinds) can't be called in two weeks in a row. Really, it can't be beat by NO ONE, although like Joe says, it's always good to be prepared. My trunk is just for rain gear and flat pump/kit :D

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Called my insurance today and inquired about road side service, ran out of gas, flat tire, etc. No go, not offered for motorcycles. So what do you do?
I have a policy thru "Good Sam" which will tow ANY vehicle, except an RV, and costs around $80 / year. Had the GREEN HORNET towed (on a flat-bed tilt truck) to my place back in May when the battery was dying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts