Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to purchase a roadside assistance plan but keep putting it off. Anyone have any good recommendations for a plan? This would be for assistance/towing in the USA, by the way. I know there's plans put out by AMA, AAA, and others.

I've heard some have towing limits (which if reasonable would be fine) and others yet don't necessarily provide appropriate accommodations for towing a motorcycle (flatbed, tie-downs, etc). We do some riding on USFS gravel/dirt roads, but I have no idea if anyone offers "off-road" assistance if needed. That would be a definite plus if offered. Anyone have a good suggestion?

P.S. - I'm heading out to a wedding today, so let me apologize ahead of time if you request more info and I can't respond back until tomorrow. Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I have CAA (sold as AAA in the states). It's good for towing of car or bike. I've got my money out of it with towing but had to wait 2hrs to get a flat bed for the bike to tow it home.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Join the AMA, it's cheap. Your get roadside assistance, a monthly mag, 10% off at Bike Bandit and some local bike dealers, plus other specials.

·
Registered
208 Posts
+ 1 on the AMA roadside assistance.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
+ 1 AMA membership with automatic renewal include it at no extra charge. The 10% BiKe Bandit discount will pay for the membership almost every year. The 10% discount with Choice hotels paid my membership last year on a single weekend trip.

Hard to beat free.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
For AAA you need the Plus and RV options.
And they don't cover forest service roads or offroad.

I'm going to check out AMA myself, every biker should be a member anyway, they support our rights (even if they don't do anything :rolleyes:).

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
IF you have an RV, look at Good Sam's coverage, which includes getting your cycle too. (But, if you don't have the RV their policy does NOT include bikes...!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts