Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on moto-werk 1 1/2 “ risers . Feels almost like some mini Ape hangers. It’s going to take some time to get use to them . I think it’s going to be great for Touring. Might not be best for in town riding, also it makes the Versys 650 feel even bigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the rox risers on last month.

It gave me back some bend at the elbow that greatly reduces tension. I can ride with a loose grip and relax now, whatever puts you at a comfortable position but keeps you able to engage with the machine I say go for.

The lowering of the foot pegs also gets you in a relaxed but ready position. Those risers will grow on you..

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have risers on my Versys also . Also for me I put foam covers over the grips and brake levers . That is a very cheap and nice for more comfort. I find the stock hand grips diameter just too small.

·
Registered
65 Posts
you also have a great choice with grip buddies. i've been using them on my last 3 bikes. they simply go over the existing grip, held on by adhesive and velcro. no grip removal or replacement. and they stay tight, plus are soft. (i dont work for or receive anything from GripBuddies..)

(sorry about interjecting in your riser discussion. i'll see if i can find a grips discussion to add this too also...)

jim

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
you also have a great choice with grip buddies. i've been using them on my last 3 bikes. they simply go over the existing grip, held on by adhesive and velcro. no grip removal or replacement. and they stay tight, plus are soft. (i dont work for or receive anything from GripBuddies..)

(sorry about interjecting in your riser discussion. i'll see if i can find a grips discussion to add this too also...)

jim
GOOD info, Jim...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rox Risers make the bike feel squirrely

Yeah, I almost felt like the bike had a rubber hinge between the forks and the bars after installing the Rox 2" risers. I'm trying to get used to them -- they are great when standing up -- but I don't like the "bendy" feeling I'm getting when I snap the bars to the side when riding aggressively. This in on-pavement at speed, of course. Haven't spent much time off-road with them but my riding mix is probably going to be 80-20 or so so I'm not sure I'll be keeping the risers on. I've got everything torqued to spec. Just not digging the feel. Anybody else have a similar experience?

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took my 2" Rox Risers off today and rode for a couple hours, both pavement and dirt/gravel. The "planted" feel is back -- much more connected to the road and terrain. I guess I'm in the minority on this.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
I had 1 1/2 inch risers and it wasnt enough. Was gonna go with the Rox 2 inch but I came up with this concoction...
One of the reasons I went w/ ROX instead of the ones you've used, is that w/ ROX you can vary the angle of your handle-bars, whereas yours ONLY allow them to rise TOWARDS you.

I've set mine so that the 2" rises directly ABOVE the OEM handle-bar set up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I took my 2" Rox Risers off today and rode for a couple hours, both pavement and dirt/gravel. The "planted" feel is back -- much more connected to the road and terrain. I guess I'm in the minority on this. If anyone is interested in a brand-new set of 2" Rox Risers for a 2nd gen V 650 at a good price PM me.
Sent you a PM, not sure if it went through lol.

·
Registered
557 Posts
One of the reasons I went w/ ROX instead of the ones you've used, is that w/ ROX you can vary the angle of your handle-bars, whereas yours ONLY allow them to rise TOWARDS you.

I've set mine so that the 2" rises directly ABOVE the OEM handle-bar set up.
In my case,I knew that I needed to come back some more. Just a bit more to give the two lads a break from the seat, less reaching, bring the bars closer. So I ended up with the same amount of back as I would need from the Rox anyways, you can still adjust the up with the bars-tilt.I found some short risers in my local shops odds and ends bin and added them to the longer ones. I had to get 4 longer stainless mount bolts. It also leaves easy access to my charging station for my various devices which is a phone belt-pouch strapped to the left handlebar holder.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
...Just a bit more to give the two lads a break from the seat, less reaching, bring the bars closer....
Have you raised the front of your seat?

THAT will "give the two lads a break"....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts