Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a lady in our group that has a goldwing. That bike is way too much for her and her skill set. The only thing bigger than her bike is her ego. Heres the footage after her 2 small mishaps.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dangerous annnnd annoying as hell!!!!

Yep, If you turn the volume all the way up you can hear her blaming everything and everyone else for her troubles.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
"...stay behind her and get some good footage..." Hahahaha! A High Maintenance rider can take the fun out of things, but I see you can make the best of it!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"...stay behind her and get some good footage..." Hahahaha! A High Maintenance rider can take the fun out of things, but I see you can make the best of it!:thumb:

I try to find the positive in any situation.:teetertooter::teetertooter::

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tough, 30K , must be in a straight line. This ride was uneven pavement with hills and curves, slow speed stuff. Right, always blame the bike, the area, other traffic, etc.

You can help her if...... she is willing to accept the help.

This behaviour is part of the reason that we normally have more than one ride from a given meeting place. People see this behaviour and elect to ride in a group that is separate from the problem children. Have to feel sorry for the ride leader and sweep that are stuck with the problem.

The ride leader is usually okay as he is in front of the problem child, but the sweep, well. He is usually stuck with it.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tough, 30K , must be in a straight line. This ride was uneven pavement with hills and curves, slow speed stuff. Right, always blame the bike, the area, other traffic, etc.

You can help her if...... she is willing to accept the help.

This behaviour is part of the reason that we normally have more than one ride from a given meeting place. People see this behaviour and elect to ride in a group that is separate from the problem children. Have to feel sorry for the ride leader and sweep that are stuck with the problem.

The ride leader is usually okay as he is in front of the problem child, but the sweep, well. He is usually stuck with it.

Good luck

She's wouldn't take any kind of help because she thinks she's one of the best riders in the group and a big reason for that is a few of the others tell her how great she is. I know i'm gonna catch a lot of flack from some of the members of the group for putting this video on the internet but i don't care. Hoping after seeing this she'll get a clue and face the facts.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Yeah, that's ridiculous... She should be reported and taken off the road before the inevitable catastrophe.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am not a fan of riding with others for the most part. I dont want to be with someone who makes me ride faster than I feel comfortable, or the other way around. Every one says just ride your pace, and we will wait up. But I find that doesnt always work out as people dont want to make others wait.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Is the outside ambient temperature not hot in Texas? You guys are all dressed up, stopped, and comfortable.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the outside ambient temperature not hot in Texas? You guys are all dressed up, stopped, and comfortable.

This is on the way to Lake Arrowhead in California. It was a hot day but i felt good in my mesh jacket. I haven't been to texas in about 2 years now.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'd certainly question her claimed mileage. She appears to be very afraid of the bike. I think she might be happier with it if it was converted into a trike.

You appear to belong to a very eclectic group. I have to say, though, that the chap with the ape hangers and straight pipes kind of projects the wrong image to me.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I have finished my review of the video! BFD :thumbdown:

The places she stops and the amount of time taken are imo dangerous! :thumbdown:

Hopefully she reads this! :eek:

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd certainly question her claimed mileage. She appears to be very afraid of the bike. I think she might be happier with it if it was converted into a trike.

You appear to belong to a very eclectic group. I have to say, though, that the chap with the ape hangers and straight pipes kind of projects the wrong image to me.

Thats Paul. He came over from the UK 35 years ago. He and his wife are 2 of the nicest people i've ever met. He loves his harleys though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts