Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, it's gonna be warm here too. But I'll wait until the salt is gone from the roads.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was out on a ~200 mile ride on Sunday.. then two nights of rain and freezing temps... and now were back to ~50* days for the rest of the week. 4 days off... planning a good 400-500 mile ride.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
this was an easy winter in chicago to drive thru
except for today's 40+ mph gust today
10 deg lean to go straight on the interstate

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding weather never went away:thumb:
That was almost true this year. We had clean roads and mild temps into December. But once the first significant snow hits, the secondary roads and streets never really clear of ice and/or pack, and I'm not keen on spilling whilst pulling out of the driveway. Maybe if I had studded tires and heated gear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We had some rain here yesterday. I think that cleared up some of the salt. There's still lots of sandy grit out there, but it's getting better. I'm jonesing for a ride tomorrow!

GDI

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I'm ready to rip it up! :thumb: Tired of the cabin fever spinning the chamber on the old six shooter. Throw another log on the fire my a**! :censored: :D Come on solar flares do your job! Ha! Ha! :thumb: :goodluck: :usa:

Mullets are back in this summer awesome!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Clear roads and nice weather meant a short shakedown run today. Great to be back on two wheels, and the outlook is still good. New jacket (Alpinestars Scout, which is discontinued but still on clearance a bunch of places) also got its first field test, with positive results. First time I've ridden more than a few blocks in the 40s (F) and not felt like a snowman when I got back.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just pulled the green '09 out of the garage for the first time in a few months. It fired right up and I took it out and gave it a good work-out. I feel much better now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Over on this side of the pond, we've got a forecast of sun all week with temps up to 19deg c (69deg f in proper money...!) This weekend gone was a good un too..! Expecting to use the V on the daily commute to Gatwick Airport from now on...(as I did today)...:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
last day of mandatory winter tires up here is March 15....On 16 I'll try to give it a ride!!!
the temperatures are up for 2 weeks!!! (10°C)
a short winter here, I rode until 10th of December.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Riding weather never went away:thumb:

Nice. Though I can imagine better surfaces to ride on than that. What kind of tires?

The season never went away here either. 5300 miles since I bought my bike just before winter solstice.

From my last fun ride on my previous bike (Oct 11). That white stuff is hard enough to park on let alone ride on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It was 35F this morning and the roads were dry... good enough for me!
High 30s when I left the house this morning. I was glad to see dry roads too. Heated gloves up all the way, heated jacket liner on a bit, and heated grips at 75%. Love it. Don't have to bundle up--no neck gaiter, balaclava, extra layer under my jacket etc. And the uninsulated Warm n Safe gloves are like wearing regular gloves--not stiff & bulky like unheated Winter gloves.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts