Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday's forecast was for MOSTLY SUNNY, temps around 17C (63F), so, to keep up w/ social-distancing I suited up in leathers, then headed N along Lake Okanagan to Vernon, followed by E on BC 6, kinda figuring on riding to the Needles Ferry. Unfortunately it would appear that the weather wasn't listening to the weatherman, so I continued in cloudy conditions till about an hour E of Vernon, when small snow-pellets began hitting my helmet-shield, and I could see snow on hills ahead. That was my "trigger" to stop for lunch, and decide the rest of my ride... - while munching on my bagel and apple in Cherryville, BC.

IMG_0475 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

The two following (lunch) pics are similar - I apologize.

IMG_0472 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0474 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

On the way E from Vernon I'd seen evidence of flooding on the farms just S of BC 6, so I decided to stop for at least ONE pic.

IMG_0476 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Approaching Vernon where I would transition to the ride along the lake I was heartened to see sunny breaks. This is a small lake just NE of Predator Ridge golf community.

IMG_0477 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

And... YES - I have seen turtles there including about a dozen on a log in the shallows today.

Around 35 minutes later I was back home having added 222.9 kms [138 miles] of social-distancing over the 3.5 hours of the ride.

NOT a great day, but at least I was out RIDING!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
That corridor to the Needles ferry has tricky climate. Must be be because of the Monashee mountain range. If theres any bad weather around it seems to congregate there!

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts