Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my FIRST "ride report" since I returned to BC - w/out getting into it I've had some health "issues" that have kept me from riding more than about a half-hour UNTIL today...!

I promised my wife that IF I had any 'issues', I would 'do a 180' and head home, so I left about 0845, heading to BC 33 by some SERIOUSLY twisty roads that I like, thru Kelowna, sky = scattered cloud, temps cool (had my heated grips ON, but NO heated jacket-liner). BC 33 climbs quite a bit heading E, which of course - brings the temp lower.

It was feeling SO GOOD to be riding more then 15 minutes (AND w/out any issues!), that I kept riding till about 15 kms S of Beaverdell where I stopped for some pics, and a snack.

IMG_0911 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0912 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Normally I ride down this dirt 'path', and have a rest on the gravel-bar in the center background

IMG_0913 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

except that they have deposited some multi-ton boulders that BLOCK vehicle access, probably because the river undercut the bank at that point....

IMG_0914 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

That gravel-bar in the center background is the one I normally use.

IMG_0915 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

This is the view looking W across the river

IMG_0916 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and a gratuitous pic of the GREEN HORNET TOO!

IMG_0917 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Had my snack, then headed back toward Kelowna, but for a stop where some neat-looking cliffs are.

IMG_0918 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0919 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Got home again after a GREAT FOUR HOUR RIDE, 218.6 kms on my odo, and NO health issues...!

FUN time!

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I imagine it felt pretty awesome to be back on the bike for a good ride like that! I can feel your excitement as I'm about 90% recovered from a recent surgery and have been on a break from longer rides. I can't wait for some good long rides through the Sierras. I'd really like to get back up to the Cascades too.

·
Premium Member
10,337 Posts
This will be my FIRST "ride report" since I returned to BC - w/out getting into it I've had some health "issues" that have kept me from riding more than about a half-hour UNTIL today...!

I promised my wife that IF I had any 'issues', I would 'do a 180' and head home, so I left about 0845, heading to BC 33 by some SERIOUSLY twisty roads that I like, thru Kelowna, sky = scattered cloud, temps cool (had my heated grips ON, but NO heated jacket-liner). BC 33 climbs quite a bit heading E, which of course - brings the temp lower.

It was feeling SO GOOD to be riding more then 15 minutes (AND w/out any issues!), that I kept riding till about 15 kms S of Beaverdell where I stopped for some pics, and a snack.

IMG_0911 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0912 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Normally I ride down this dirt 'path', and have a rest on the gravel-bar in the center background

IMG_0913 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

except that they have deposited some multi-ton boulders that BLOCK vehicle access, probably because the river undercut the bank at that point....

IMG_0914 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

That gravel-bar in the center background is the one I normally use.

IMG_0915 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

This is the view looking W across the river

IMG_0916 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and a gratuitous pic of the GREEN HORNET TOO!

IMG_0917 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Had my snack, then headed back toward Kelowna, but for a stop where some neat-looking cliffs are.

IMG_0918 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0919 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Got home again after a GREAT FOUR HOUR RIDE, 218.6 kms on my odo, and NO health issues...!

FUN time!

(y)(y)

:cool:
You just made my day. Awesome photos, in Ontario we are going backwards . Was in Owen Sound on Wednesday, went to a subway, went to wash my hands and was told the washrooms are closed!! Not the end of the world but, it is getting crazier .

·
Super Moderator
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started a "ride" today, but about six miles into it the 'health issues' surfaced again, so I went home, and am now writing THIS...!

·
Premium Member
10,337 Posts
Started a "ride" today, but about six miles into it the 'health issues' surfaced again, so I went home, and am now writing THIS...!
o_O🙃 Not good, did you try the Stagg chili ? Something triggering it? Not going to discuss here in the open forum, but my doctor almost killed me 3 times, I know my triggers.

·
Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
167 Posts
You just made my day. Awesome photos, in Ontario we are going backwards . Was in Owen Sound on Wednesday, went to a subway, went to wash my hands and was told the washrooms are closed!! Not the end of the world but, it is getting crazier .
I must have been stalking you on Wednesday...... drove to Kitchener to pick up a friend, lunch at Anna Mae's, up to Owen Sound (my sister lives there now, we were born in Markdale), up to Hepworth to pick up my new-to-me V1K (trailered), and back to home... Weather was perfect for riding, but I wasn't, lol, sorta. Not.

·
Premium Member
10,337 Posts
That was a rough day for me, on the road at 8 AM went a total of 450 KM , lots of wind buffeting, I feel asleep on the front deck. What a beautiful but cool day, used one of my old jackets, took a liner out at noon hour then put it back in as the temperature dropped in the afternoon. I was in downtown Owen Sound at the used book store, went to subway and was told they closed their wash room, so after there I went to Kelso park, luckily the city has a bit more sense , unfortunately they haven't put out the picknick tables, so on up Grey Bruce One to my free library and picnic tables.

View album 3370

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where abouts are you? I have some friends who live in Oyama.

·
Super Moderator
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts