Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I just started riding again after a 32 year break! I rode from the age of 6 to 16 (first a Honda 50 Minitrail, then a Honda CB 125, then a Honda XL 250). The bikes went away and life took me away from riding for the next 32 years. Then came 2015, and at age 48 I decided enough was enough; I was determined to get my M license! I took the MSF Basic Rider Course and had my M license a month later. (I highly recommend the MSF course for all riders.) The only thing missing now was a new BIKE. Well at 6'4" I needed a tall bike; the Versys 650 offered everything I could ever want in my new bike, including a high seat. I am in love with my Versys - I love the size, the style, the color, the comfortable seat, the motor, the value, and more. I'm glad the 2015 Versys was there when I began riding again and I can't wait to explore new roads!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome back!

My one piece of advice; use lots of caution when approaching every intersection.

I've recently read more stories than I care to about motorcyclists being hit by left hand turning vehicles... and I myself have been hit twice in the past 3 years by people trying to make a quick left that "didn't see me". Granted I life in a city, but it applies everywhere.

With that said, enjoy the ride, there is always something new to see, and somewhere new to explore.

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Welcome back to the world of two wheels (and left-turning oblivious SUV drivers). Rule one: ride as if you are invisible. Rule two: see rule one.

BTW, that's a VERY nice looking machine. I may have to seriously consider one. Or as a Texan would say, "I'm fixin' to get me one of them-thar bikes." >:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome back to riding. I have a white 2015 just like yours. They are awesome bikes.

Enjoy and ride safe...

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
:welcome:

And, Arion, they make them in GREEN too....

:wink2:...:goodidea:
Ah yes, the envy color. Or is it colour? 0:)

I seem to have gotten it all wrong. The VW Jetta "not-so-clean" diesel is red, the Abarth is red, the TR-6 is red, the Versys is red, and the CTX700 is red. Sorry. Oh wait, the K75S is green! There's hope for me yet? :grin2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome back!!! I have been riding for 50 yrs albeit there were a few years when I did not get out much. But the bug bit me hard a few years ago. Be warned I now have a 2009 1800 Goldwing, a 2011 Suzuki GSX650, 2009 650 Versys, and a 2008 Concours and not to mention a very understanding wife of 43 plus years.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Welcome back!!! I have been riding for 50 yrs albeit there were a few years when I did not get out much. But the bug bit me hard a few years ago. Be warned I now have a 2009 1800 Goldwing, a 2011 Suzuki GSX650, 2009 650 Versys, and a 2008 Concours and not to mention a very understanding wife of 43 plus years.
Plus - Steve rides pretty GOOD for an 'old' guy...!

:wink2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome! Thats's a pretty nice collection of bikes. I said recently that if I ever get another (bigger) bike I'm NOT going to trade-in my Versys 650; I'll just start a collection like Jay Leno!

·
Registered
3 Posts
:welcome:Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for getting your life back after 32 years! It is a long time indeed! I wish you all the best for your new journey and a great motorcycling experience! Ride Smart and Ride Safe! :) <3:welcome::goodluck:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome back to riding. I'm 6'3'' so right there with ya man. Sounds like lowering pegs and mirror extenders are in order, those were my first mods that made a world of difference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts