·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Bones,

Once again, an excellent story, and a great attitude to adopt. As I recall, that ancient and honorable field manual, the Bible, says something about doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. Not bad advice at all. :thumb:

Reminds me of the time, several years ago, while riding back to our tiny village in remote Central Maine I came across an elderly French Canadian couple on their way home to Quebec, at the side of the road staring helplessly at their right rear wheel. I changed their very flat tire for them, with lots of hand gestures and smiles, and they were once again on their way. I believe they thanked me profusely, though my French is limited and my Quebec French is worse. Still they smiled and went on animatedly and that was thanks enough.

And, with apologies to the residents thereof, you're being very, shall we say, gentle, when describing East St. Louis. Been there and have no desire, burning or otherwise, to return.:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
That was a very good read, and something that a lot of today's generation should have a look at.

I try to do what I can if I see someone in need. That being said, these days you have to do it with caution as there seems to be a group of people out there that find it necessary to prey on others attempts to do good deeds.

By all means, help when you can, but be aware of your surrounding as you do.

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts