1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wow, that looks like an awesome trip! Make sure you take lot's of pictures for us! Don't forget chain lube! I forgot some on my last trip and then was reminded when the chain started making horrendous noises at me at 80mph :eek:

Have Fun!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks like lots of highway roads. An can only speak a bit for southern germany, but if you're interested in twisty roads, I know some guys who can help you find a route that's more interesting to ride. Also, don't cross the alps like they're an obstacle! They're one of the best places to ride in Europe.

Do you plan daily routes with pre-planned Hotels/Camp grounds, or do you just see how far you go each day?

I don't know much about Denmark, but looks kinda flat. Are you cool with riding on twisty mountain roads?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Denmark is flat. I havent been driving in mountens before, but i think i must be very carfull using my breaks so they dont overheat ?

There is NO plan fore the tour, taking each day as it comes, and im hoping to ride on small roads, NOT highway, but the map is just fore inspiration.

So any kind of help / inspiration from you gays i gladly read

·
Registered
378 Posts
Denmark is flat. I havent been driving in mountens before, but i think i must be very carfull using my breaks so they dont overheat ?

There is NO plan fore the tour, taking each day as it comes, and im hoping to ride on small roads, NOT highway, but the map is just fore inspiration.
What is your preferred file format/website for the route? Will you use a GPS along the way?

So any kind of help / inspiration from you gays i gladly read
I think you meat gUys :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I´v used www.tourstart.org to plan the route, but most of it is highway, couldent make it any different :-( so i have no preferred file format/website for the route.

Im using GPS on the tour, yes

·
Registered
267 Posts
You could ride some Dolomites Mountains passes, such as Stelvio, Sella, Pordoi.
If you want to ride in Italy more west, you could ride the Gran San Bernardo pass (to Switzerland) or Little San Bernardo Pass (to France).
I will give you all details you need when you will choise where you prefer to ride after Italy: France, Switzerland, Austria.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi kawasakifreak,
I suggest you to avoid highways and ride secondary road because that are less boring and more interesting and fun.
After Nice and Montecarlo, you could go north to Annecy, Bourg Saint Maurice and San Bernardino Pass. You will come in Italy and you will ride Gran San Bernardo Pass to Switzerland. By secondary roads You could come back in Italy by Resia Pass, ride Stelvio Pass and come back to Switzerland by Livigno.
See the map below.
If you like it I'll give you more info.
Link to Google Maps

·
Registered
267 Posts
I looks GREAT, but what so special about the tour H,I,J ?
Down for Resia Pass: under the lake there is a town and you can see only the bell tower of the church

Climb Stelvio pass (2758 mt!!)

Down for the other side and come back in switzerland

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here are some fun alps roads a friend of mine recommended.

Google Maps includes Klausenpass and Susten, Nufenen, Grimsel, Furka, Bernhardino, Simplon, Centovalli, Livignio and Stelvio. That's 850 km, engough for 3 or 4 days of riding. Maybe you can use some roads from both suggestions?

Regarding your total trip, 7500 km in one month means an average of 250 km per day. I'd recommend to use some highway roads, especiall in the more boring (flat) parts. 250 km a day in the alps does not leave much time for sight seeing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
After Nice and Montecarlo, you could go north to Annecy, Bourg Saint Maurice and San Bernardino Pass. You will come in Italy and you will ride Gran San Bernardo Pass to Switzerland.
Roads from Annecy to both Saint-Bernard are just quite simply awesome (Cormet de Roselend :thumb: )

In France, do forget to go through Paris because it's quite awful to ride... very dangeous because Paris way of life... I've been living there for two years and riding there is like a jungle. What you should do is to go from Beauvais to Tours by going through Evreux. There are some nice places to see!

What I advise you to do from Nice is the Route Napoleon, which goes through Castellane, Sisteron, Gap and Grenoble. Awesome road!
From Grenoble, you can go to Chambéry via Massif de la Chartreuse.
And after Chambéry, Annecy, Bourg-Saint-Maurice, Petit et Grand Saint-Bernard... These are roads I often do :D

Here is the road I advise you:
http://g.co/maps/44qgf

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a lot of great roads, i dont think i ever will be coming home to littel Denmark again
Thanks a lot It is very difficult to make a dissision, but i will keep away from Paris, and manybe take some highway on the first part of the trip

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been on the tour, what a great ride ;-)
Took the train to Innbruck and then to Venice, Across Italy, through France, Spain, Pourtugal, Spain coastline all the way, and from there straight to Denmark. 8800 km and lots of small roads great people and food. Took a ZX6R 2011 fore the tour. No problem, it didt it very well. Only problem, was at high speed and my neck became sore.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been on the tour, what a great ride ;-)
Took the train to Innbruck and then to Venice, Across Italy, through France, Spain, Pourtugal, Spain coastline all the way, and from there straight to Denmark. 8800 km and lots of small roads great people and food. Took a ZX6R 2011 fore the tour. No problem, it didt it very well. Only problem, was at high speed and my neck became sore.
Hello from Portugal!!!

If you have the time, I'd urge you to do the "national 2" road, it goes from north to south of Portugal and it's one of the most beautiful roads I've ever seem, lot's of curves, some straigths, it goes deep into Portugal! It starts in "Chaves" and finishes in "Faro", you can see it in your map. It is 737km long and it takes about 2 days to complete (it's REALLY curvy).

If you don't have that time to spend, I recommend you do the coastal route, as it has really nice views! but, PLEASEEEE, do the bit between "almodovar" and "são brás de alportel"... IT a mountain pass known for its 365 curves, and it is... stunning :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts