Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original stator gave up just short of 30K miles. I installed a Rick's to replace it.

Now, 3.5+ years and 40K+ miles later, it is still going strong. I did not do any upgrades or changes to my Regulator/Rectifier; it is still original with over 70K miles.

So, the moral of my story is...have some way to monitor your voltage (I installed a voltmeter a few months before the stator died) and if your stator fails, then just change out the stator for a Rick's. They go for about $100, and with a new gasket you should be good to go.

But, be sure to install a voltmeter, or LED lights, or something so that you know what's going on.

Michael

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
good to know ^_^ i installed a dash mount volt meter tapped off one of the parking lights for under $10 so i would know if my stator fried befor it stranded me some where... good to know the rick's is good quality. im at 36k and still on the factory....i think

·
Registered
340 Posts
Rick's replacement.

I just replaced mine about 3 weeks ago, and have been very happy with the charging of my battery.

Now, my starter has died. Ordered a Rick's rebuild kit from Dennis Kirk. Will report when I get into it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I dont remember when I put in a Rick's Stator, but I would guess around 10k ago. Been perfect since.

·
Premium Member
9,106 Posts
Are you sure it is your starter, the starter uses a engine ground and is powered off the start solenoid by your main fuse, the start relay is under your gas tank beside the headlight and ecu relay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts