Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Richocet skid plate installed with SW Motech crashbars?
I want to have this combo installed but it looks like the upper supports to the skid plate use the upper motor mount bolt and if I am correct. the SWM crashbars use the same bolt. No Bueno. Where do the factory OEM crashbars bolt onto?
I need pictures of the mounting points for the OEM bars, please.....:nerd:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Ricochet bash plate. It does use the front upper motor mount and I've been wondering the same thing. I will probably be going with the SW Motech crash bars which also use the same mounting point. This will probably mean some modification to the kit, but I'll figure out how to make it work. However, parts for the baby versys seem to be in short supply. I don't know what the deal is, but Revzilla and Twisted Throttle are out of stock for just about every accessory specifically for the 300x. Including the SW-M crash bars.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
I have the Ricochet bash plate. It does use the front upper motor mount and I've been wondering the same thing. I will probably be going with the SW Motech crash bars which also use the same mounting point. This will probably mean some modification to the kit, but I'll figure out how to make it work. However, parts for the baby versys seem to be in short supply. I don't know what the deal is, but Revzilla and Twisted Throttle are out of stock for just about every accessory specifically for the 300x. Including the SW-M crash bars.
PROBABLY you'll need longer engine-mount bolts, and maybe a spacer or two.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oem

I ordered the OEM bars from Rocky Mountain ATV for just shy of $170. They will work until something better comes along. You are right. Everything is sold out. I ordered a GIVI PL4121 rack from accessories international that will not be in until Feb. I want SWM footpegs, R&G tank pads and a fender extender. All out of stock. We have a very popular bike, which is good. The aftermarket should catch up soon.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Does anyone have a Richocet skid plate installed with SW Motech crashbars?
I want to have this combo installed but it looks like the upper supports to the skid plate use the upper motor mount bolt and if I am correct. the SWM crashbars use the same bolt. No Bueno. Where do the factory OEM crashbars bolt onto?
I need pictures of the mounting points for the OEM bars, please.....:nerd:
As a rule of thumb it is usually best to get a skid plate from the same manufacturer as your crash bars and fitment with different brands is often an issue. Fitment of one often affects the fitment of the other.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
As a rule of thumb it is usually best to get a skid plate from the same manufacturer as your crash bars and fitment with different brands is often an issue. Fitment of one often affects the fitment of the other.
Certainly was an issue for my 650s when I tried an SW-Motech skidplate w/ H-B crashbars. Ended up buying the SW-Motech crashbars.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Ricochet is also twice the price of the T-Rex and still aluminum. The Versys X 300 is selling like hot cakes is why they are all out of accessories I was told a few months back by TT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Ricochet is also twice the price of the T-Rex and still aluminum. The Versys X 300 is selling like hot cakes is why they are all out of accessories I was told a few months back by TT.
IMHO the Richocet is twice the protection. Ive seen both in person.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you do figure out how to use both, post how you did it, please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts