Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have the REV'IT Sand 3 jacket and pants?

I am looking to upgrade my gear this year. I have a Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 which is a great jacket but I really like the functionality of the more ADV styled jackets (better venting, bigger pockets) as well as the aesthetics. Wanted to get some feedback on how they jacket and pants are before I shell out that many caps. On paper they appear to be a great jacket/pant combo for longer and/or more intense trips.

Thoughts?

Kek

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I believe that's the brand I tried on at Cycle Gear that ran hopelessly small.

If it is the same brand, I liked it a lot. I mean... Other than the fact I'll never be small enough to fit into a 2xl unless I'm nearly dead from cancer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the Sand 2 for about 6 years and can comment on that. Overall it's a versatile jacket that suits me for 90% of my commuting time on my bikes. I wear it year round in the SF Bay area. It's got good ventilation for the summer months and keeps me warm enough in the winter. Keep in mind that it rarely goes below 40deg F or above 90 here. The jacket has held up well and has seen about 25-30k miles of use. There have been some issues with it - the Velcro doesn't hold anymore on the pockets and the sleeves. The pockets are deep though and I've never lost anything out of them. 3/4 of the buttons on the waterproof membrane liner have broken through the fabric and are useless. This happened about 4 years ago. The zippers still work well. One thing that does bug me about the jacket is the two buckle straps on each side just above the waist. The strap fabric is very smooth and the straps loosen quickly after tightening (I'm HW proportionate.... for now). The straps I imagine are supposed to keep the jacket in place in the event of a get-off. I don't see them doing their job unless they were just tightened. It seems that Revit would want to get this right.

I'd probably buy it again unless something else came along that was much better.

I don't have the pants. I actually am looking to buy mesh over pants. I'll probably go with something from Joe Rocket.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Finally saw my riding buddy that I knew wore Rev'it. He has the Sand 2 pants and jacket and says he loves it. Says he thinks they make great products. He covers a ton more miles than I do and in every kind of weather, so his gear gets a work out. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I almost bought a Sand 3 jacket but ended up going with the Olympia X Moto 2. Both are very nice jackets but I liked the venting scheme of the X Moto 2 a bit better. Its a nice alternative and its a little bit more "American" fit than the Sand 3.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have the pants. I actually am looking to buy mesh over pants. I'll probably go with something from Joe Rocket.
re: overpants, I just purchased Olympia airglide 4 mesh overpants and really like them. They aren't cheap, but I plan on riding with them year round. I like the removable waterproof liner - and just stow that in the saddlebag just in case. Originally I had gotten Tour Master overpants but sent them back 'cause they were just too much - too heavy, bulky... The Olympia are light enough and look like they'll provide enough protection if need be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I’ve had the Revit Sand 3 jacket and pants for 2 seasons. I tried a few others on when shopping for a new set. The Revit Sand 3 stood out as a good balance between features, protection and cost. Klim was just too expensive... Rukka was of similar price and hard to find.
The Sand 3 jacket fits really well, great protection. Good ventilation. The rain liner is not a great setup, I use it sometimes particularly in cold weather but I prefer to carry a rain jacket in summer to put on over the jacket. Sizing runs a little small. I bought a Large. I’m 5’ 8 170 lbs. with all the liners in its snug. With them out it’s perfect. It’s awesome for cold weather I stay comfortable even on very cold days. It can be hot in the summer. I’ve got the Revit Ignition jacket and pants for warmer weather. Lots of pockets on the Sand 3, pants pockets are huge. I upgraded the back protector. The armour is very good. So far it shows no wear. Very durable. Very comfortable. I feel much safer with this gear on compared to others I’ve owned. Top notch gear. You get what you pay for I guess. You’ll notice right away when you try it on...two thumbs up !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts