Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
No not really and its 10700 rpm, it 3.46 am on sat and I am working night shift and playing on the forum so not much else to do haha

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understood. Before the I-net - that meant reading a book or playing solitaire with a real deck of cards.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
We used to have a TV but a X manager of mine decided to take it out but the new one is letting us hook up a sat dish and the electrician are helping run some cables so we can watch the rugby world cup when it starts as we are a rugby mad nation.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I spent a few years in Alice Springs, Australia. I know about you types and your rugby. Honestly, I'd rather watch Oz rules football and rugby any day over yank football. Soccer - :thumbdown:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I used to play rugby league as a winger then later when my body could not handle the hits went to soccer, leauge has a lot in common with american football as you have 6 tackles in attack before you kick or pass on final tackle but you cannot pass forward

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Refreshing this thread

I caught my rev at 11000 + this weekend (clearly in the red zone and over 11000)

Is their or not a rev limiter ?

If so, is 10700 THE limit, if so my bike has a problem ...

Have a 09, stock

Ciao

LOP

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Not that I plan to go out and bounce off the limiter but it's nice to know it's there. First time I hit the limiter on my Buell I thought I'd blown the motor! It was pulling like no tomorrow one second and the next there was nothing. And on a Buell XB this happens at 6800 RPM!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Are you sure about that? Red zone starts at 10500 rpm, and my rev limiter definitely kicks in at 10700 rpm.
Hey Invader

Yes, the needle was in the 11xxx rpm, clearly !

Second gear

I will try out again on my next ride and try to notice my speed also

I'll post back on that

LOP

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Hey Invader

Yes, the needle was in the 11xxx rpm, clearly !

Second gear

I will try out again on my next ride and try to notice my speed also

I'll post back on that

LOP
Your tachometer may be reading too high for some reason in certain conditions... You can check your speed at an rpm that is below the red zone. Then again, your speedometer may be off as well. Don't blow up your engine. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts