Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Anxiously anticipating picking up my new red Versys tomorrow after work.
It's been 25 years since my 1980 GPZ550!
Shopping for gear today.
Shopping for a returning rider safety course tomorrow in the Tampa Bay region...any recommendations?
B.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Welcome back to 2 wheels! I was away from bikes for about 11 years. I bought a DRZ 400S to get back into riding again. I had that bike for about 2 years, then sold it to get the Versys. I wanted something a little more street worthy.

Its like riding a bicycle! Getting back on after all those years was like a home coming. It felt great. And you're gonna enjoy the Versys, its a real friendly bike...

One more thing,

:welcome::D:clap:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome, and make sure you let us know how it feels to ride again. If your worried after the long gap, go for a few rides in the evening when traffic is light.

That should help you get your motorcycle legs back!

Don

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome back to riding

:welcome: Congrats on your new scoot, you will find a huge difference in the performance and handling of the new bikes, especially with tires and brakes, good luck and enjoy.

ps It is a great idea to take the Motorcycle Safety Course, in addition to having an opportunity to refresh your memory, it also will give you a discount on insurance. My daughter took her's at a local college here in the Rio Grande Valley, you may want to ask your MC dealer.

Best wishes,

Zeniac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts