Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with this problem? On the instrument cluster, my mode button works as it should, a light touch to change modes. However, the reset button, which used to work with a light touch now requires that I remove my glove and dig my fingernail into the button and push real hard. The 09 has just 1000 miles. Perhaps a button under the little boot has moved out of the way? Can the cluster be taken apart for a fix? I'd like to avoid the dealer if I could.:(

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just an FYI...I have had the cluster apart and there is no way to access the buttons or in my case the infernal rattle coming from behind the tach needle.:mad:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an FYI...I have had the cluster apart and there is no way to access the buttons or in my case the infernal rattle coming from behind the tach needle.:mad:
I dunno, according to the link Invader posted, it is possible to get at the button. According to the link.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's under warranty but if I can fix it quickly by myself I prefer to do it. Nobody touches my baby. Besides I'm curious.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was facing the same problem too but on the 'mode' button. Made a claim for the whole instrument cluster unit under warranty and now my V is with "10,000 km discount"

·
Registered
122 Posts
THR- replaced the entire cluster all together? They couldn't just warranty swap the buttons? I have the same problem at about 15K and was considering trying the dealer. Maybe different in the states?

·
Registered
14 Posts
scotty_h... yes... replaced one whole unit... my dealer did the claim for me. At 1st i just asked them to opened up/dismantle the assembly and make a repair from there, but my dealer don't want to take a risk due to the bike still under warranty. Overhere, the warranty is limited to either 2 years or 20,000km, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

@THR: Your dealer told you the warrenty is limited to 20000km? Strange, I asked the question of there was a limit regarding the kms. And he told me "no". Do different terms apply in different places in the world, or did he just wanted it to get sold?

Greets

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

@THR: Your dealer told you the warrenty is limited to 20000km? Strange, I asked the question of there was a limit regarding the kms. And he told me "no". Do different terms apply in different places in the world, or did he just wanted it to get sold?

Greets
the warranty is not set by the dealer, but Kawasaki Malaysia... furthermore, if you buy kawasaki bike assemble in malaysia (CKD-complete knock down), the warranty even shorter: 1 year or 10,000 km (whichever comes first). All Kawasakis sold here are CBUs (complete built unit) except Kawasaki ER6N, Ninja 250R, 2 stroker ZX150RR..

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
This is wierd... I have 5000 miles on my V, and I've had no trouble with my reset button, until I read about the problems here. With in a few days, my reset button has failed! WTF How did that happen? (Cue Rod Serling...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is wierd... I have 5000 miles on my V, and I've had no trouble with my reset button, until I read about the problems here. With in a few days, my reset button has failed! WTF How did that happen? (Cue Rod Serling...)
trialsguy... I think you've been cursed by this tread:devil:

·
Registered
582 Posts
My mode button is quick to change but as per the manual I've always had to hold the reset button in until it clears. Someone had used CRC with good results on the button contacts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts