Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can’t find anything in the manual about a reserve fuel setting on the fuel tap, in fact can’t even find anything about a fuel tap.

So where is the fuel tap located and is there a reserve fuel setting ?

Should have said versys 650 grand tourer 2018.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 v650
243 Posts
On my 2013 gen II the last bar on the gauge flashes when you get low that is your reserve. Not sure if it is the same on the gen. III. I never let it get that low I reset trip 1 at every fill up and go 175 to 200 miles depending on if I know where fuel stops are.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Experience on my 2015 Versys 650, when the fuel gauge starts flashing, you have approximately 100 KM total to find fuel, I have noted the mileage when flashing starts then filled to the neck of the tank, approximately 4 to 5 liters of fuel is left at the start of the fuel gauge flashing. One very important thing to note, the fuel pump uses fuel to cool it, running out of fuel may cost you a tow and new fuel pump. There are after market fuel pumps, but making sure you don't run out could save you $$$ and the temporary loss of a working bike.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
One thing, or is it two? The pump is cooled & lubricated by the fuel; so running low too often may not be the best thing for the pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your reply’s, some great advice.

One more question,

If I need to remove the tank for a air filter change does the fuel line have quick release fitting so fuel doesn’t piss out all over your feet ?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
Thanks for your reply’s, some great advice.

One more question,

If I need to remove the tank for a air filter change does the fuel line have quick release fitting so fuel doesn’t piss out all over your feet ?

Cheers.
Yes it does and be extra careful and gentle when removing the quick lock on the fuel line.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Reserve is when it's flashing. About 5 litres.
Fuel line has quick release but will drip about 10ml, enough to stink up the place; get a rag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts