Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the technical know how of suggesting whether the 2010 fairings, fenders, etc on 2010 (black) can be replaced with older models'? Such as the 2007. I am sure you know what I am getting at - changing the colour of the new 2010 model. I am sure the plastic under the windshield will not fit becasue the headlight has changed.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If you just want to change the color I would think painting the parts you have would be less expensive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you could find someone with an older Versys who wanted to have a new style fairing you could just swap all the parts between the two.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
If you just want to change the color I would think painting the parts you have would be less expensive.
X2 - pick your color, and paint away! :goodidea:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Does anyone have the technical know how of suggesting whether the 2010 fairings, fenders, etc on 2010 (black) can be replaced with older models'? Such as the 2007. I am sure you know what I am getting at - changing the colour of the new 2010 model. I am sure the plastic under the windshield will not fit becasue the headlight has changed.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Not sure where you are at, but I would be willing to pull mine and let you try it.

Todd

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure where you are at, but I would be willing to pull mine and let you try it.

Todd
This is part of the planning with purchasing a 2010 and not being a big fan of all black. Being in Canada doesn't help the fact that most of the members on this fourm are US-based and out of "reach" - unless living near US-Canada borders:thumb:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
blackmamba has a friend (steve?) who painted his Kawi green.
Looks gorgeous...really it does.
and ya just gotta take the pieces off and send them out or spray your self.

"How about a 2010 v in green!" is the thread title but you can type in "green 2010" in the search function and find the pic quick.
"find the pic quick"??.........I'm a poet and I didn't even know it...LOL

OK...I'll shut up now!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts