Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a left hand riders peg (the rubber is ripping off). I would just like to replace both of them with something wider. I've found a number of nice ones that are for the KLR. Does anyone know if they will fit a 15' 650?
Or, some thing else that will work.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Several of us have switched to Kawasaki Concours foot pegs. They're wider without being enormous. And in conjunction with the Moto Werk foot peg lowering blocks the ride position is much more comfortable, for me at least.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several of us have switched to Kawasaki Concours foot pegs. They're wider without being enormous. And in conjunction with the Moto Werk foot peg lowering blocks the ride position is much more comfortable, for me at least.
Any particular year?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Any particular year?
Not really. Went to the local Kawa dealer and ordered a pair. They fit perfectly and offer a wider platform for my boots. Like the change and believe it was worth the money.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have a part number and vendor for the Concours pegs to fit a 17'?

·
Registered
230 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts

I did that with my V-650......

IMG_0768 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
383 Posts
Years ago, after reading on here about footpegs, I just found some dirtbike pegs on ebay for $20. Much nicer than the skinny factory pegs.
Since I always wear boots the non rubber metal is not an issue.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,403 Posts
Years ago, after reading on here about footpegs, I just found some dirtbike pegs on ebay for $20. Much nicer than the skinny factory pegs.
Since I always wear boots the non rubber metal is not an issue.
THOSE look just like what I use on my Vs. Nominally they're for a Suzuki DR650.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
So a Suzuki DR650 peg will fit eh Eddie?
I've got the same eBay special DR650 pegs as well. If I remember right (it's been a few years) you just have to drill out the mounting bolt holes on the new pegs. I have ridden 20K miles with no issues.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got the same eBay special DR650 pegs as well. If I remember right (it's been a few years) you just have to drill out the mounting bolt holes on the new pegs. I have ridden 20K miles with no issues.
Thanks, now I have my answer to replacement pegs. Cheap and no rubber to tear off.

·
Super Moderator
19,403 Posts
So a Suzuki DR650 peg will fit eh Eddie?
Yes, but I did NOT drill anything out. Here are some pics, the first OEMs, then OEM DR650, then w/ Ebay DR650 pegs

DSC05964 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC05966 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC09212 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I didn't drill anything out, just replaced the metric bolts w/ SAE (3/8 x 2").

DSC05965 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC09210 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I "chalked-in" the sizes of the OEM, as well as the SAE 3/8 bolt I replaced it w/.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those look like the pegs I just ordered off e-Bay.............drill or replace the bolt. I guess I'll do one or the other.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts