Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replace the horn on their bike? I'm looking for plug-n-play options... I don't really want to deal with adding a relay.

·
Registered
272 Posts
almost any car horn will work you just need to make sure to draw is going to be ok , I m getting one from a 2007 Honda Accord because I work at a Honda dealership and the price is right

·
Registered
36 Posts
And the Accord Horn sounds like a Cadillac. My Element came with a wimpy horn. Someone suggested the Accord Horn. It was night and day.

·
Registered
88 Posts
horn

get a Fiamm horn available at most car parts stores.....comes in high or low tone......it sounds like a car horn...plugs into existing wires and mounts in same place....I got one ...100% improvement.....only costs about $20 and takes 10 minutes to install........:thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get a Fiamm horn available at most car parts stores.....comes in high or low tone......it sounds like a car horn...plugs into existing wires and mounts in same place....I got one ...100% improvement.....only costs about $20 and takes 10 minutes to install........:thumb:
I took your advice, it showed up yesterday in the mail. I'm hoping to install it tonight.

The documentation says I need to install a relay? True or false?

·
Registered
196 Posts
That would be false chuck

I took your advice, it showed up yesterday in the mail. I'm hoping to install it tonight.The documentation says I need to install a relay? True or false?

Mine was plug and play. I bought the 132 db low tone fiamm. $14 at o'reilly.
Unbolted/unpluged oem and new bolted right up. I did have to remove the oem spacer washers and add a fender washer to keep the stock bracket. Doesnt seem to have any vibration. And I can hear it over my race core muzzy!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was plug and play. I bought the 132 db low tone fiamm. $14 at o'reilly.
Unbolted/unpluged oem and new bolted right up. I did have to remove the oem spacer washers and add a fender washer to keep the stock bracket. Doesnt seem to have any vibration. And I can hear it over my race core muzzy!!
Sam one I bought, the low tone. I'll try and sneak in to the garage tonight and swap them out. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I added the Fiamm horn without the relay and it sounds good (for a horn). Haven't had too many reasons to use it though. It was a piece of cake to install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.