Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Renthal bars fitted to their V? If so, would appreciate what size they are with a photo, if poss. Thanks..:thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just ordered pro taper SE's. Just make sure you get 7/8 Renthals and a high enough bend. There are a few posts that have the stock dimensions so you can find a Renthals bar that won't hit your fairing. Pro tapers haven't got here yet but you are going to have to drill a hole in any aftermarket bar or cut off the plastic tab inside the throttle assembly, ... I think

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Hi Zed,

Intended to fix Renthal but found out an alternative as email below from Rider Discount:

We do have both of the handlebars you mentioned and here are the prices I can offer

Here are the prices for those two handlebars:

MOOSE RACING COMP HANDLEBAR SILVER HONDA TRX-250R FOURTRAX - 0601-0945 -
USD $60.85
RENTHAL 7/8 HANDLEBAR WITH PAD SILVER HONDA TRX250R - TR-800556 - USD $73.50

Compare oem specs with Renthal Fourtrax at http://www.renthal.com/File/apps1.asp?tabtype=5&productid=0&appid=ATV&zone=&biketype=&manufacturer=&model=&bikedate=

It would be cheaper for you in UK as Renthal is from the UK.

Bought a Moose Racing (http://www.mooseracing.com/) handlebar and happy with the extra 20mm height and 10mm sweepback. Had removed the middle bar and does need end bar weight to minimize the slight vibs on the left mirror.
Had recently seen a turnbuckle to tighten up the middle section of the handlebar so might try that. There is a very little vib on the left mirror above 120 km/hr.

Moose racing pic:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=180725&postcount=646

:goodluck:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply bean' - good point to consider the rise of the bars due to potential conflict with the tank. I must admit, I hadn't thought of that one. I was hoping to put slightly lower bars on but that may not be possible due to this. When you get your bars fitted a pic would be good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wanted a lower bend as well and went with the KX hi bend. It is about 20mm or 30mm lower than stock, but I also have a SW Motech riser. I wanted a sportier look than stock. There is a forum member running the KX bend withou a riser so I figure I'll be okay. I will try to post pictures when it gets installed but still waiting on delivery.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks bean - pics of the installation would be great. I've read about the SW risers but need to check if I can get them in the UK.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Protaper, rizoma or renthal? They cost almost similarly to buying a kawi stock.

If them aftermarket bars are too low to clear the tank, an anti-vib riser would be just nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well it's back to the drawing board. The prop tapers had the bar clamps glued on after I removed the crossbar and I didn't care for the look. So I returned those and ordered Renthal 7/8 road bars medium height. When they arrived the pullback was rediculous, looked like more of a sweep than stock and I didn't like those either. I guess I'm just being picky but whatever, the V is my baby

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's back to the drawing board. The prop tapers had the bar clamps glued on after I removed the crossbar and I didn't care for the look. So I returned those and ordered Renthal 7/8 road bars medium height. When they arrived the pullback was rediculous, looked like more of a sweep than stock and I didn't like those either. I guess I'm just being picky but whatever, the V is my baby
Hmmmm.. that's tough mate - still, there's not a lot wrong with the standards. I'll still change mine - I'm sure that Renthal will be able to match the height, sweep etc of the standards in their range. I'll bung a pic on when I've done it....:thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure there are better bars out there I just haven't found them yet. It is a little difficult with only the dimensions online and no actual pictures of the bars I want to order

·
Registered
720 Posts
Try checking out renthal superbike medium and renthal superbike high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts