Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the spring I bought a 2009 V. The previous owner installed a Speedys lowering kit and a flatfoot kit. I have the stock kickstand. I'm thinking about removing the Lowering kit and putting it back to stock height. I've never riden a V without a lowering kit, what kind of handling changes can I expect if I take it back to stock?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Considering that should take it back to factory geometry, I suspect it should handle better. If the forks have also been moved don't forget adjust them.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I rode mine for a month before lowering it. I noticed no difference in handling after, just able to reach the ground better.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
I rode mine for a month before lowering it. I noticed no difference in handling after, just able to reach the ground better.
Same here, I can flatfoot now, adding different tires also made a huge difference ( Pilot road 2s)----------------only advantage of stock would be if you decided to go off road with it-------------and this really doesn't have the suspension of a top off road bike. JMO.:goodluck:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The advantages of stock, for me, is that I like the long legged look better (just cosmetic and my preference) and Im thinking about putting a hugger on. I know there are ways to fit one with the lowering bracket on but it would be so much easier without it and I could sell the kit and the hugger would cost nothing. I came from a KLR so tip-toeing doesnt bother me. that said, I do enjoy how much easier it is to mount/dismount the lowered V.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Since I changed over to R1 shocks on both Vs, I can NOW flatfoot, which I couldn't do before! My rear sag is about 45mm. I'm 5'9.5" with a 31" inseam.

:goodidea:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You must be a giant:) I noticed windy days aren'y so scary after I lowered mine.
Its all relative.
I was used to riding a KLR. Wind does not scare me, I just relax and let the bike go where the wind takes it.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Removed lowering kit and the bike handles better as STOCK. No problem on flat footing at 5'9".:thumb:

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts