Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the license plate light wire connector located? I want to remove the plate light at the connector but didn't see it. Thanks. My bike is getting nakeder every day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Its under the seat all the way at the back. Its the small plug, about a 5/16 square shaped. I can post a picture if you would like.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you going to use something for a replacement ? I have a couple of LED's I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you relocate the plate to underneath the tail light it will provide enough illumination to see the plate. i say SHOULD because 95% of cops only care if they can see u have a plate on.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately not replacing the light. I dont ride at night and the cops don't seem to care about anything but speeding and paying tolls. Is the connector under some black rubber shrink wrap looking stuff? A picture would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures. The first one shows where it is, unplugged already.

This is the female end of the plug. It has two wires, one red the other black with a yellow stripe.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I dont ride at night and the cops don't seem to care about anything but speeding and paying tolls.
The one time you end up having to ride at night is the time a cop cites you for not having your plate lit up. If your state has vehicle safety inspections like mine does, you'll fail without a plate light.

Just curious, why do you want to not light up your plate?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are no vehicle inspections in ILLinois. Youd be shocked at the dangerous and illegal things that are on peoples bikes/cars out here. I don't ride at night and you cant see the light during the day. I prefer minimalism which means if it isn't functional I try to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Would that create a problem for you if you ride through other states if you remove number plate light?

·
Registered
169 Posts
There are no vehicle inspections in ILLinois. Youd be shocked at the dangerous and illegal things that are on peoples bikes/cars out here. I don't ride at night and you cant see the light during the day. I prefer minimalism which means if it isn't functional I try to remove it.
Are you just removing the light or are you cutting/removing the fender also ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im removing the light and making a more laid back plate mount. I already chopped off the rat tail. If thats not enough I will do a chop like ive seen on here where the plate is between the turn signals. I want the stock turn signals no matter what as they are way safer than those tiny mini stalks. I may also get a converter that keeps the turn signals on as running lights. This site has given me some great ideas. I dont ride far from home and ride mellow 99% of the time. My cop buddies tell me they never look for things like license plate lights. If I rode at night I would keep it as a lit white plate improves visibility. Thanks guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts