Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already posted about it in 650 forum. Removing the ugly EVAP box from 300 is very similar. You just take the thing out, while keeping solenoid, then plug the Throttle bodies with small rubbers. and then either you run two lines from the Vent and Overflow nipples down, or connect them with T nipple together. One can do without removing the tank, just opening the left upper fairing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can also yank the purge valve and solder in a 30ohm resistor (or purchase a plug and play bypass). Much cleaner look and you can sell the solenoid for 10x the price of the resistor. If you leave the solenoid in there and it get's plugged up with stuff (which it eventually will with uncovered hose flanges) it's just a matter of time until it fails and triggers a CEL.

Done properly it's done forever.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can also yank the purge valve and solder in a 30ohm resistor (or purchase a plug and play bypass). Much cleaner look and you can sell the solenoid for 10x the price of the resistor. If you leave the solenoid in there and it get's plugged up with stuff (which it eventually will with uncovered hose flanges) it's just a matter of time until it fails and triggers a CEL.

Done properly it's done forever.

yes, I fitted a resistor: EVAP / Canister Removal kit PVE-023

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not good in electronics. the resistor is working. this is what I care about

·
Registered
136 Posts
...and benefit is?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
benefit of what? You mean the EVAP removal? no benefit other than getting rid of the ugly box and millions of lines. also it is safer, the EVAP box can fail and cause the tank vacuum lock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
^ Well is was or is in the "performance" section,

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe one reason to remove the canister is that the rubber securing strap is perished and broken!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, in my V1000 the rubber broke like 3 times, and it is very difficult to access the box as it is under the dashboard. but the best reason to remove it, is to remove it. it is easy. the best way is to use T, and connect two pipes to the vent and overflow nipples. the box also can get oversaturated and create tank lock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
^ As a maintenance guy once is regrettable, twice is a coincidence, three times is unacceptable and something needs to change.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe one reason to remove the canister is that the rubber securing strap is perished and broken!
I made a new one using the original metal rings , some old inner tube, and bicycle puncture repair glue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts