Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the messed up knee its harder to get my leg over the bike. sometimes after a ride the knee stiffens up and my foot is stuck at the grab handle and i have to grab my pant leg and pull my foot over. So today took off the grab handles and really like how the bike looks without them. Only time i ever used them is when i need to pull the ass end of the bike around.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Heres a few quick ones from in the garage. I'll take it out tomorrow and get some better shots.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Me too

That's funny, I just took off my grab handles to add my Motocentric sport luggage. ( Saddle bags and tail bag)

I looked at it for a while, without the grab handles, and thought it looked sleeker. If that's a word. But, my new luggage wouldn't fit right without removing them.

Either way, the bike does have a different look. I like it:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
Hey Joseph - Till the knee heals you can always mount up from the right side while on the sidestand: right foot on right 'peg AND and on the brake, then swing UP and OVER with your left hand going to and holding ON the front brake.

At first you feel that it might come over to the right, but transferring your weight left as your hand goes to the front brake fixes that. I used this to mount up a fully-loaded KLR (tent, etc).

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Joseph - Till the knee heals you can always mount up from the right side while on the sidestand: right foot on right 'peg AND and on the brake, then swing UP and OVER with your left hand going to and holding ON the front brake.

At first you feel that it might come over to the right, but transferring your weight left as your hand goes to the front brake fixes that. I used this to mount up a fully-loaded KLR (tent, etc).
Have done that when i first got the bike. But where the kickstand bolt connects it bent doing that I had it bent back but it slowly bent back again thats why my bike leans so much while on the kickstand...:(

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Hope your knee heals up fast Joseph! I had a knee injury last year from playing Hockey! I could only ride for about two hours. Try that liquid joint stuff it helped me! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope your knee heals up fast Joseph! I had a knee injury last year from playing Hockey! I could only ride for about two hours. Try that liquid joint stuff it helped me! :thumb:
Its the injury from the 11/27/2011 accident. Theres a couple of fractures just below the knee. Its getting better the constant pain has finally stopped. The knee is weak and can't get it straight yet.Started thearpy this week on the knee and wrist and can tell a difference already. Lucked out my thearpist is smoking hot.:loveeyes::loveeyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts