Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for anyone who asks if a remap is required. YES the bike bone stock is in desprate need to a remapping. the factory runs the bike pig rich from the factory. before you buy any performance parts you should be buying a pcV with auto tune. who knows you might get enough power from that alone. So yes every single bike on the planet comes pig rich from the factory on purpose, YES REMAP IT!

thanx have a nice day everyone.:cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
:huh: What are ya' smoken'? The 1000 V-strom runs so lean (trying to meet reg emmisions standards)... that it barely runs at all... It has "that" famous 2000 ~ 3000rpm stumble because of it... I had a Tiger 1050 and it had some surging around 4000rpm cruising... again, due to it running too lean... Check your plugs, because I am not sure you know what you are talking about... All my bikes if anything were/are running on the lean side....

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
I always understood bikes came lean from the factory because of emission regulations.
:huh: What are ya' smoken'? The 1000 V-strom runs so lean (trying to meet reg emmisions standards)... that it barely runs at all... It has "that" famous 2000 ~ 3000rpm stumble because of it... I had a Tiger 1050 and it had some surging around 4000rpm cruising... again, due to it running too lean... Check your plugs, because I am not sure you know what you are talking about... All my bikes if anything were/are running on the lean side....
Gotta agree with these guys. I understand that they are probably quite rich at WFO, but how much time is the AVERAGE guy WFO?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts