Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Green LT...which color shows best in daylight?...which color just looks cooler?

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
My experience (on my '08) was that I bought the WRONG volt-meter, as mine has WHITE labeling on the face [in addition to the actual V reading which IS WHITE], making it quite difficult to read UNLESS I shade it w/ a glove.

Get a color that reads in sunlight!

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
I have the OEM Gear Indicator on my V-1000....If i had a green bike i personally would go with the green...

P1010711 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience (on my '08) was that I bought the WRONG volt-meter, as mine has WHITE labeling on the face [in addition to the actual V reading which IS WHITE], making it quite difficult to read UNLESS I shade it w/ a glove.

Get a color that reads in sunlight!
Exactly...red or green? (The red would match our "orange-ish" instrument glow).

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
In fact what I REALLY recommend is this:

Head's Up? Voltage Monitor - Signal Dynamics

It ONLY requires a 1/4" hole in your dash, and reads in green when your voltage is good!

Here's my '15 dash

and here's the location of that 1/4" LED

while here it is, illuminated (red 'cause I didn't want to start it).

When your engine is running it SHOULD always be GREEN.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
I went with the green and don't regret it. Other than just the most extreme sun right at my back the only thing Ive noticed is I might have a problem between 5th and 6th. But the other gears I could make out just fine. But in that case color wouldn't have mattered a bit. Either would have been hard to tell.

·
Registered
440 Posts
which ever color you choose, you will find it easier to read in sunlight, if you apply a small piece of window tint on top. It makes it much easier to read the numbers.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would personally go with green, but I also have a green bike. For myself I would get whichever color is closest to my bike color.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Green has more lumen, or at least emits more in your eyes center bandwitdh of light spectrum. Thus more visible.
But seriously, get a voltmeter, not a useless gear indicator.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got a 2017 so I won`t need one, but if I did I think I like the green better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts