Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask which/what modifications/upgrades are actually really important for the Versys, if any? I picked up a 2009 with some aftermarket accessories (SW Motech skid plate, Barkbuster hand guards and highway pegs). I'm 6'2" with a inseam of 34" and while I feel comfortable for short trips I'm wondering if any mods should be done to improve my comfort for trips to Seattle and eastern Washington? All feedback will be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
You pretty much have a sorted bike.

Being over 6ft tall maybe get motowerk peg lowering blocks.

Other than these, you might want a bigger/taller screen for the highway but only you can determine if you comfortable riding white what is already on the bike.

Let us know how you go.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe an airhawk seat cushion too. It will give you a wee bit more leg room and feel much better on the bum for those runs down the coast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know which Airhawk seat cushion would best fit the stock seat. Looks like they have a couple different shapes in the Original model and one in the Airhawk R model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
AH2 med 14x14

I'm ordering this today hope this is some help if you have not already decided\;]
I tried to post a picture of a posting with the airhawk2 on the Versys that helped me decide.
hopefully it comes through, good luck\;]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
gas in the tank...... ride rid ride.. if you find something you dont like change it other wise save your money for fuel :).............

im also 6'2 with a 34" inseam
my mods i have are ..
rear lowering block (P.O.installed it)
heated grips
hand guards (not bark busters but wind guards)
aux outlet(for phone/gps charging)
rear trunk and rack
homemade radiator guard
other then that just a few small cosmetic things (stickers)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts