Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking for a Grunge brush locally for over a year now and finally gave up and bought one off of Ebay for $10 + $8 shipping. Even at $18 this was worth it. Makes cleaning the chain a breeze. The bristles are really stiff unlike other things I've tried and get three sides of the chain in one pass.

My other $10 accessory find is a stretch 15" x 15" stretch cargo net I keep under my seat for when I need it. Got mine at Canadian Tire for $9 but I've seen them at just about every bike shop. So far I've used it for strapping everything from a laptop case, groceries, case of beer and even a pizza to the bike. As a tie down it is a lot more secure than stretch cords.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Got a grunge brush at cycle gear earlier in the year. Since having the bike since 2010 thought i should finally clean it. Does do a very nice job.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Ya need a few tools to keep you V running and a oil change is always high on the "To Do List" well you need a filter wrench. I have one that uses a 3/8" drive to get the pesty thing off with out too big a mess. I saw this one on Flea-bay for under $5.00

Over the $10.00 limit but a very nice tool to have is the Motion Pro chain alignment tool. Makes lining up the rear wheel a breeze and is so easy to use it's worth going over budget. Simply clamp it to the rear sprocket and line the rod up next to the chain. The rod and chain should be parallel, if not you can adjust it with a few turns of a wrench. Keep that chain a sprocket set running as long as you can!

·
Registered
688 Posts
One of my best farkles and it was only $8....

Grip Puppies.

Adds an amazing amount of comfort to the V.

·
Registered
665 Posts
+1 to Grip Puppies.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
You'll love what us Yanks call a Windcheater then here it's called a WindBreaker!

Of course a over here you don't smoke a Fag!

·
Registered
269 Posts
You'll love what us Yanks call a Windcheater then here it's called a WindBreaker!

Of course a over here you don't smoke a Fag!
Of course, fags can kill... :sorry: No offence meant...!

A memorable experience of a trip to see relations in San Francisco many years ago involved us talking about what we traditionally had for Sunday lunch. When I said the family normally has a joint they suddenly went all puzzled looking. I meant, of course, a joint of beef... :exactly:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
A wise man once said “England and America are two countries separated by a common language”

And it’s still true. One day I'd like to cross "The Pond" and see Britain

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It may just be my British sense of humour, but 'grip puppies' sounds a bit rude...! :p
In the states there is a sweets merchant in many of our shopping malls that is named Fannie Farmer. I have a British mate that bought many items on his holiday here just to accumulate as many Fannie Farmer bags and boxes as he could just to take back home with him.

·
Registered
269 Posts
In the states there is a sweets merchant in many of our shopping malls that is named Fannie Farmer. I have a British mate that bought many items on his holiday here just to accumulate as many Fannie Farmer bags and boxes as he could just to take back home with him.
:funnypost: Brilliant...! Not heard of that one. I'd be collecting the bags and boxes too...!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tennis grip tape on the grips
Expanded metal for radiator guard
Used quart oil bottles for mud guards
Automotive seat pad from Walmart ($15)
Go Cruise throttle lock ($15 locally)
Fiamm Dual high/low horns ($5 from junkyard)
2 tool tubes (http://www.agrisupply.com/operator-manual-canister/p/67670/)
Plastic cutting board bolted to the rear rack

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1 to Grip Puppies.
Grip Puppies Rock -- And they dry really fast too.

Grunge Brush + PJ1 Super Cleaner = The easiest/fastest way to make your chain sparkle clean! Also use it on the bottom side of the exhaust to get the oil fling off in seconds as well :)

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
For about $8 I got a fish tank thermometer. The sensor is in the airstream and just out of sight under the tupperware, the display is on the top edge of the dash held in place by a bit of velcro. Must be waterproof because it's worked for 3 years despite rain and washing. There's a thermometer on the ST and I like having it so this was my cheap (and effective) solution for the V.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts