Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend me a tire and vendor online? It's time to change my tires and this is my first time purchasing tires online. I'd like a tire that fits my riding-commuting with no off road or no track time. Looking for a good tire that is a compromise between long lasting and solid confidence for the money. I've read Shinko 009, Pilot Roads, and BattleAx 023 were good tires. Thank you for the replies

·
Registered
44 Posts
americanmototire.com. I have never been able to find the motorcycle tires I've needed cheaper anywhere else. Always quick free shipping and their inventory selection is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Jake Wilson is another good on-line tire vendor that you can check to compare prices. I have ordered from them more than a few times.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't ride very hard and like you, no off road and no track time. I don't have a lot of miles on them yet, but I am very happy with my Shinko Raven 009's and they are built for long mileage. I got them at the dealer, but overall I think they are fairly inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Jake Wilson or Riders Discount which is a forum supporter will match prices

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV has the best prices and selection I've found. I've never gotten an old tire from them either, as I have with some other low priced on line vendors. I won't buy tires anywhere else.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for the replies. I can't seem to pinpoint which tire I want. The cheaper ones like the Metzeler and Shinkos seem to have QC issues since reviews on each are all across the board. I really like the Michelins but I can't justify paying close to 400 without mount and balance fees. Any recommendations on an in between tire??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can anybody recommend me a tire and vendor online? It's time to change my tires and this is my first time purchasing tires online.
Have you checked prices from your local small Motorcycle shops? Last time I needed a tire I was going to order a tire online but I found a local place that will order, mount and balance a tire for about 20$ over the cheapest online price I can find for just a tire.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lots and LOTS of threads here about the Shinko's I went 705's because of the reviews for dual-sport ability and I LOVE them, I'm about 70/30 mileage wise superslab/other. Lots of people reporting 10k+ miles out of them, and I got both tires delivered for ~$140. Even IF the more expensive PR4's last 30k miles, that extra ~$250 in my pocket is worthwhile today.

I also went oversize on mine, not a requirement and I did have to raise the front fender. Plenty of folks don't do that, threadsearch "Shinko 705" for more people doing the same.

These tires are super popular all over ADV forums. :) Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts