Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '15 with hand gaurds and I want to install a throttle lock. Can anyone recommend one? Since I have hand gaurds, Throttlemeister is out, otherwise that'd be my first choice.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Been using a Go Cruise for 4 years, used a cramp buster for abt 50 miles
I'm glad to finally see something that doesn't cause more wrist fatigue using a (so called) cruise control. It looks theoretically to be the best I've seen, and at a fraction of others cost that don't work. Every little bit helps as far as wrists and ankles go!!

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just got home from work and looking at the links, both Go Cruise and Omni Cruise will not work with my Grip Puppies.
Maybe I need one of the old-fashioned Vista Cruise units.
I hope I find the right one tonight so I can get it by the weekend via Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.

edit: I do have room at the end of my Grip Puppies after all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with Omni Cruise since it is adjustable and I will see if I can make it work without the little sleeve because I am not 100% sure I can remove my Grip Puppy without damaging it and having to buy a new one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx Genehil. Another thought is that I hope it clears the hand guard!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have Barkbuster Storms. No problems for me.

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used my new Omni Cruise yesterday and it works great. It clears the OEM hand guards by about 1/4 inch. I am using it without the sleeve and it is fine that way.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like a nice one MotoJ.
I decided to use the sleeve today, since it was designed that way. They send 2 sizes, in case you have fatter grips like I do. It is definitely better with the sleeve.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Theres an old thread were some guys used a larger O-Ring......

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's what I meant. O-ring, when I said sleeve. they send 2 sizes. First I tried it without and it's fine, but then with it, it is even better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts