Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I took a look at the tail light and took it out , I don't see how it could fall out!? Looks pretty
well built. Maybe just some of the bikes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones, got the recall notice in the mail yesterday. Says dont ride it until remedied, LOL. I couldnt even get an appointment until Fall for the break-in service at the dealership where I bought it, dont think they can make the 60 day limit to remedy. Ill ride it anyways, I see some jiggling in the assembly when at idle....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm one of the lucky ones, got the recall notice in the mail yesterday. Says dont ride it until remedied, LOL. I couldnt even get an appointment until Fall for the break-in service at the dealership where I bought it, dont think they can make the 60 day limit to remedy. Ill ride it anyways, I see some jiggling in the assembly when at idle....
Yeah, we got one as well. I joked with my dh about the "do not ride" part. I asked him if the dealer's going to come and pick it up. :grin2: Of course we know better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, we got one as well. I joked with my dh about the "do not ride" part. I asked him if the dealer's going to come and pick it up. :grin2: Of course we know better.
LOL, that's a good one. I'm not worried about riding it, though I wonder if u had an accident on a non-remedied recall bike , would your insurance co. cover you, or tell you to go blow yourself? Anyways they are actually getting my bike done in a couple of weeks; must be some liability involved for 'em to be that fast

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, that's a good one. I'm not worried about riding it, though I wonder if u had an accident on a non-remedied recall bike , would your insurance co. cover you, or tell you to go blow yourself? Anyways they are actually getting my bike done in a couple of weeks; must be some liability involved for 'em to be that fast
We aren't worried about riding it either. And in true biker fashion, will take the long way to get there. :wink2: I tend to think the insurance company will tell you the latter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Recall fix when?

My options finally arrived for dealer to install after waiting three weeks and now he says they can't install options and release bike until recall is done. He says they are waiting on those parts from Kawi. Has anyone seen their dealer get the parts in yet? Kawi parts/supply chain chain seems woefully inadequate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My options finally arrived for dealer to install after waiting three weeks and now he says they can't install options and release bike until recall is done. He says they are waiting on those parts from Kawi. Has anyone seen their dealer get the parts in yet? Kawi parts/supply chain chain seems woefully inadequate.
Called our dealer on Wednesday. They said that Maw Kaw has them putting in the VIN and ordering the part. Makes a whole lot of sense as there aren't many of these bikes that have the recall. Better to have the dealership request it than have parts sitting at dealerships that take up space and won't get used. The part is in for our 300 and we'll go in to have it replaced on Monday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a heads up. Don't slam your dealer with calls yet. It's very unlikely they have much info let alone parts yet.

Recall - Tail/Brake Light
When I bought my x300 they called and said I had to wait until the recall part was received from another dealer and installed before I could take my bike home"..

Bulbs were falling out of the socket on some bikes........?? I don't know ..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well turns out mine is a recall one two, my dealer emailed me and said they had the part,
will get it fixed next week .
I will post pic. if I can see both parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts

So had the taillight replaced. I could not see any difference . Maybe the spring that holds the bulb is stronger !??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts