Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking for a some rearsets for my naked versys to get a little more clearance and move my feet back and up some. Does anyone know of any rearsets CURRENTLY being sold for a 2nd gen Versys? I've looked all over and I can only find one set currently being made, but they're from overseas and shipping looks expensive. Similarly, does anyone know if rearsets for any Ninja 650 will work on the V? Or is there an easy way to make rearsets from another bike work?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe rearsets are what the footpegs are mounted to on sports bikes. I don't know if it is a universal term.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Duffy no, im referring to foot pegs. Rearsets are typically higher up and further back, giving the bike more ground clearance and all around sportier feel.

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
@Duffy no, im referring to foot pegs. Rearsets are typically higher up and further back, giving the bike more ground clearance and all around sportier feel.
FWIW - after I took an 'Advanced Riding Course' on my '08 Versys, I dragged the footpeg "feelers" several times. As they're about 3/4" long, and I was 'banked-over' quite a bit, I couldn't even IMAGINE how much 'bank' you'd need to drag the footpeg itself.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Now that you describe it I have seen a couple of bikes being ridden and wondered how he got his feet that far back. Ya can learn something new even at an old age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts