Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the Givi turnsignal relocation kit on my V to make room for the twin E360 bags. I don't like the unfinished look of the turn signals and would like to put something different on the bike. I want something that will mount in the stock location and still clear the bags.

Any ideas?

Ed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone done these or something else? The relo on the stock ones looks bad....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to go to my dealer and do some measuring. It looks like the rear signals from a ZX6 are short enough to fit in the stock location. They have the same mounting flange as the originals so I ordered a set. They should be in next week so I will post the results.

Ed

·
Registered
21 Posts
SW Motech Brackets

I got the Motech brackets for the Versys (Givi) cases because of the advise of this forum (see previous threads) and they came with the relocation kit. I had the cases last week and the brackets came today from Twisted Throttle.

I took one of the turn signals off to study shortening the stem (not promising). I studied the system for a bit and started loose fitting everything to see how much the lights would interfere with the brackets. As it turns out, the brackets clear the lights by about a quarter inch on either side. So I have yet to relocate the lights while I contemplate the situation. The lights are certainly less visable from the side than they were before the cases. I did certainly put the light bracket on to stablize the brackets.

I agree that the relocated lights would look unfinished. At first I thought about getting a second complete set of turn signal assemblies and mount those on the relocation bracket. Now my thought is to find some type of bubble light assemble that would mount on the bracket and basically face outward left/right. Some arrangement like this might look more like it was designed that way. The mounting holes are oval but that doesn't concern me since I can fabricate and TIG weld whatever I need to do to adapt light mounts.

So right now I am running un-relocated lights and it looks great. Visability is my main concern but I am equally interested in the astetics.

Suggestions????

I can't speak to the Givi brackets.

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts