Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody tried hyperpro spring?does it eliminates wavy feel in corners? I know some are using r1 shocks but are there some others shocks maybe from versys 1000 or some other bikes? And what's the difference in length or else between rear shocks 1st and 2nd Gen of versys? Thx

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...And what's the difference in length or else between rear shocks 1st and 2nd Gen of versys? Thx....
None. Here're pics of my '09 (Gen 1) and my '15 (Gen 3). They are BOTH wearing the SAME R1 shock, which I removed from the '09 when I got the '15.

R1shock1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0634 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Registered
76 Posts
Somebody tried hyperpro spring?does it eliminates wavy feel in corners? I know some are using r1 shocks but are there some others shocks maybe from versys 1000 or some other bikes? And what's the difference in length or else between rear shocks 1st and 2nd Gen of versys? Thx
Have you tried adjusting the rebound damping to reduce the "wavy feel"?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.. I set sag to my weight but the rear is still too stiff for me (80kg)...I'm missing the rebound damping on the rear a lot...can a hyperpro spring help? I think to change the shock from gen 2..will it pass? Or what about shock from liter versys? Don't want to change for r1 so far..

·
Premium Member
2015 650 Versys LT ABS
32 Posts
Yeaaahh, with 80kg the rear needs to get sprunk to your weight and riding preferences. Before going global, I would check your local suspension tuners, I found my on track days or even motocross days. Chat with them, below are the sag number I use from PDR Suspension Performance.

2015 650 Versys
Sag
Forks 33mm
150mm travel
22% of travel = 33mm
----------------
current sag 28 (fully suited up)
fully seated clockwise

Rear Schock 43mm
145mm
33% of travel = 43mm
---------------
current sag 36mm (fully suited up)
preload is fully seated counterclockwise

·
Premium Member
2015 650 Versys LT ABS
32 Posts
Yeaaahh, with 80kg the rear needs to get sprunk to your weight and riding preferences. Before going global, I would check your local suspension tuners, I found my on track days or even motocross days. Chat with them, below are the sag number I use from PDR Suspension Performance.

2015 650 Versys
Sag
Forks 33mm
150mm travel
22% of travel = 33mm
----------------
current sag 28 (fully suited up)
fully seated clockwise

Rear Schock 43mm
145mm
33% of travel = 43mm
---------------
current sag 36mm (fully suited up)
preload is fully seated counterclockwise
My Suspension Guy Dave Moss has a question:
"It will be mostly due to the front forks. Please send a picture of both tires. "

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sag
Front 35
Rear 33
Dont think it's due to the front forks.. My tyres are brand new a week old.. Probably 300km so far... Your sag is too weak at the rear I think, the bike sits like chopper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts