Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used something similar to one of these?

Link to ebay.de 25mm lift kit

from google translate ...

MIZU rear lift kit Kawasaki Versys 06-09 LE650A
Suspension lift to 25mm

MIZU rear lift kit

Our MIZU rear lift kit provides you with a dynamic seat and ride height for your motorcycle. The installation of the components MIZU the wheelbase of your bike is shortened so that you achieve a more agile handling. Only in this way makes cornering fun. Our rear lift kit be adapted and tested in our own development department for each vehicle. We change from the articulation of the shock absorber with different systems in order to give you more driving pleasure can. The increase is measured with us vertically above the rear axle. By ABE is a paid entry in the vehicle documents no longer needed.

MIZU offer tail high and lowering

- More dynamic
- More fun
- Including ABE

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Don't know the product
But wonder about it's usefullness

Raising the suspension will not increase the lenght / distance between your seat and the footpeg

Just my 2 cents

LOP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know the product
But wonder about it's usefullness

Raising the suspension will not increase the lenght / distance between your seat and the footpeg

Just my 2 cents

LOP
Very true!
One thing is I am planning to travel through Kazakhstan and to Nepal.. so thinking about the (minimal) suspension travel increase.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Very true!
One thing is I am planning to travel through Kazakhstan and to Nepal.. so thinking about the (minimal) suspension travel increase.
I thought about you and your trip when it was mentioned to raise the V by 25mm.

I "tried-on" a KTM Baja 990 at a dealer the other day - with 32" inseam I could ONLY BARELY touch with one toe, my butt WAY off the side of the seat! WAY too high for me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
How much taller does it increase the seat height? this could be a product i *might* use.

With my r1 shock and 14kg/mm spring, i did mentioned that the gas reservoir slightly nudged the black side filler panel below the seat at maximum compression, at the same time the battery box would hit the rear hugger. Plus, seat height was slightly lowered, not by much but sufficient to take notice of. All this while my preload is at notch #7 (out of 9).

When i first installed the r1 shock i had the preload at notch #3, i could flat foot on the V and riding on it i loved all the plushness i could get, except when it kept on bottoming out at any large bumps or potholes. If i can raise the rear slightly with this product, i can notch down the preload and feel the plushies once again. :)

**update**

just saw this pic

i dont think it will solve that gas reservoir hitting panel problem, but it sure will not allow the battery box from hitting the swingarm again.

The price of 125euro is a tad out of my reach, plus i wouldnt know how it will affect the handling of the bike when i have now gotten the current suspension setup to work, i am very much unlikely would wana jeopardize everything and restart all over again. so i guess i'll pass.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I believe the harshness of the stock V rear suspension is due to the geometry of the direct connect rear suspension. There is no rising rate linkage here. In fact, it is the opposite of what we need. It's harsh on the small bumps, and it's too soft on the big hits. But, the V was built to a "price point", and that's why we bought it. I would think that this "spacer" device would only make the problem worse, based on the the fact that it will exagerate geometry issue of the rear suspension.

Does the R1 shock / retrofit have a feature that reduces or solves this issue?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I cant say for sure if the R1 shock solved that issue but what i know is that my rear suspension is set up just the way i liked and made my canyon carving sessions VERY enjoyable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts