Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most sturdy rear stand? I will be using spools, I think. Never used such a device, always had center stands or floor jacks.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear Stands

I use gorilla stands on the rear (with spools) and front. They are inexpensive, rugged and very easy to use (some assembly required).

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
The harbor freight one wiggles around a bit and works fine but you asked for sturdy not cheap. Pitbull stands are made very well and will surely outlast the harbor freight but the prices are a lot higher.
I like the t-rex stands. Made just like pitbull but you can get the front and rear for the price of a rear pitbull.
You can also get the triple tree adapter for the front stand ($41 more)so you have the option of using the front for under the forks or the triple tree.

This link has the triple tree adapter with it too. Notice the two extra pads. Pull the pins from the triple tree adapter and slide the pads in for under the fork stand.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-35YRWRNTY-FREESPOOLS-Front-Triple-Tree-Rear-Honda-MORE-Motorcycle-Stands-/300611314532?hash=item45fdd4a364&item=300611314532&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_3702wt_1070

·
Registered
122 Posts
The HF stand is fine, but its not fantastic. I've had mine for about 33 years and have used it regularly with no issues other than the gel wheels flattening out on it (they true back up after being out from under the bike for a while). It's good "enough" (love that word) for me, though if the thing is going to see real action, such as a track, keep away :)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
That one is awesome! Nice video, too. Gonna get that one for sure.
I bought mine from www.sportbiketrackgear.com I could not find them cheaper elsewhere and have since ordered other items from there and had great experiences every time.

If you have a little extra cash and want to get the whole setup so you can lift the front also both by the forks and by the triple tree, here is my order from STG. Be sure if you get the front stand combo to select the #2 adapter (to fit our bike).

Sportbike Track Gear Items
1 Pit Bull Spooled Forward Handle Rear Stand (F0042-, F0043-001)
1 Pit Bull Forklift & Converter Motorcycle Front Stand Combo (none, Std. pin + #2 adapter, F0025-000)
1 Pit Bull Delrin Swingarm Spools (10mm Kawasaki F0023-000, Black only)

I have no regrets as I know this setup will outlive me. :cheers:

·
Registered
287 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts