Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thumbing through the owners manual in the Rear shock and front fork spring and preload dampening settings. They are set from the factory for a 12 year old boy who weighs a BUCK FIFTY :eek:
THAT IS NOT ME, :thumbdown: I'm more the 210 lbs / 100 Kg realistic rider weight. I moved the rear shock to 1/2 way between 12 year old boy setting and maxed out setting in both the spring and rebound. Same with the forks. Should that be OK?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am also a heavy rider and I suggest you dont max out the damper. We have cases of leaks from the rear shocks because the seals broke from the massive stress especially two up and luggage.

Even if you ride solo most of the time, the tendency for the seals to leak when maximum setting is high.

Just my 2 cents.

PS : I weigh 120 kgs and rear shocks are set as 3 clicks and height 2 nothes up. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am also a heavy rider and I suggest you dont max out the damper. We have cases of leaks from the rear shocks because the seals broke from the massive stress especially two up and luggage.

Even if you ride solo most of the time, the tendency for the seals to leak when maximum setting is high.

Just my 2 cents.

PS : I weigh 120 kgs and rear shocks are set as 3 clicks and height 2 nothes up. Cheers.
I have no intentions of maxing either adjustment out. As I stated I put them at 1/2 way since they were set at the softest setting to start. When I get to riding in a couple months I will see how it feels and go from there.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Rear spring preload at halfway (#4) is good for you, with rebound damping at about 10th click from Softest... Go with 2 or 3 turns out from maximum fork springs preload, with 1/2 ~ 2/3 turn out from fully seated clockwise (do not overtighten) on rebound damping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts