Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

Since I am in the break-in period, I am constantly monitoring things. I noticed the pattern on the pictures. The rear pad is actually using only a portion of the rotor area. I believe you can see it in the pictures where the color of the rotor changes where the pad is touching. Has anybody else noticed this? Why would the pads only use a portion of the rotor? Why have all that extra weight of a larger rotor since the pads are not going to be using the whole area? If I want to change pad manufacturer when I replace the pads would I be able to? What if the new pads are wider and touch only the inner section during break-in?

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
A larger rotor cools better and heats up slower....your contact area looks fine.....the rear brake provides very little of the braking force anyway , I wouldn't worry to much about it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never had a bike where the pad missed so much of the rotor, front or rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I never paid attention to it. It does seem to cover very little of the whole area, but most of the braking comes from the front. Plus I have never really liked the pedal feel of the rear brake on the Versys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts