Registered
3,160 Posts
dont you remember my PSA?

Reactions: onewizard

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's easy to show your vids when you're doing it right, not so much when you screw up.

Theres "No Shame In My Game" I put it all out there....:grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Joseph

Did you manage to fix it ?

LOP

The reason it came off is i didn't slip it into the mount until it locked into place. But it was minor damage some gouges and the back of the camera was destroyed but it comes with 2 backs one so you can plug in your mic and usb cable (thats the one that got damaged) The 2nd one is a waterproof back which i put on it. Took it for a test run yesterday and it worked great. I went ahead an secured it to the mount with a zip tie to prevent it from user error again. With the zip tie it keeps it more secure to the mount and got rid of the vibration i use to get in the video with the rear camera.

Dropped Drift Camera by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010177 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010178 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010179 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The reason it came off is i didn't slip it into the mount until it locked into place. But it was minor damage some gouges and the back of the camera was destroyed but it comes with 2 backs one so you can plug in your mic and usb cable (thats the one that got damaged) The 2nd one is a waterproof back which i put on it. Took it for a test run yesterday and it worked great. I went ahead an secured it to the mount with a zip tie to prevent it from user error again. With the zip tie it keeps it more secure to the mount and got rid of the vibration i use to get in the video with the rear camera.

P1010177 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010178 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010179 by weljo2001, on Flickr
you can take the fastener screw from the water proof back and put it on the pass thru back, the center of the nob bit comes off and there is a screw head under it :)

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can take the fastener screw from the water proof back and put it on the pass thru back, the center of the nob bit comes off and there is a screw head under it :)

Yep, But the pass thru back where you put the usb cable was torn apart. Which it can still be used as long as it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Yep, But the pass thru back where you put the usb cable was torn apart. Which it can still be used as long as it doesn't rain.
ah ok :)

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
Joe - you were pretty lucky that your lens didn't hit the ground.

When I crashed on the Dempster Hwy I had my camera around my neck, but (LUCKILY!) only got a couple of very small scratches on the lens!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

When I crashed on the Dempster Hwy I had my camera around my neck, but (LUCKILY!) only got a couple of very small scratches on the lens!

True, I thought it was going to be toast when i spotted it on the highway. But you can pick up a replacement lens kit about 10 bucks cheaper than the back cover that got trashed.:frown2: .......http://www.amazon.com/DRIFT-GHOST-LENS-CHANGING-KIT/dp/B00B2FS9ZK

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

Maybe a good jeweller or watchmaker could replace it at a reasonnable cost

LOP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts