Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to reduce my rebound damping in my rear shock. Standing on the right side of the bike, looking at the shock, I see the little adjuster there.

Which way do I turn or move it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
At work and can't get to my bike now, but there should be an "S" and an "H" above/below the rear rebound adjuster. Turn towards the "S".

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At work and can't get to my bike now, but there should be an "S" and an "H" above/below the rear rebound adjuster. Turn towards the "S".
Thanks Mchieffallo!

Yesterday, I adjusted my rear shock rebound damping to 14 clicks out (which is all the way out). Then I went for a 300 mile ride to the "Slimey Crud Run" (in Wisconsin) with a combination of twisty roads and high speed frost heaved interstate slabs. Putting the shock damping at full soft really improved the ride alot. [I weigh 175, and ride solo only.] Thanks for the suggestion "Cycle World"!

My V came from the dealer (2 years ago :rolleyes:) with zero clicks out (full hard rebound damping).

·
Registered
628 Posts
[QUOTE

Then I went for a 300 mile ride to the "Slimey Crud Run" (in Wisconsin) QUOTE]

Ah one of three 08's I saw on Sunday. (one was mine)
:)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[QUOTE

Then I went for a 300 mile ride to the "Slimey Crud Run" (in Wisconsin) QUOTE]

Ah one of three 08's I saw on Sunday. (one was mine)
:)
It was a perfect day for a ride! :D

Which V was yours?

Mine was the one with the Givi windshield, Givi hardbags (small), and a black helmet on the mirror.

I have the Kawasaki badges off the bike, and I had a lot of guys at the Slimey Crud asking me who makes the bike, what size is the motor, etc.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It was a perfect day for a ride! :D

Which V was yours?

Mine was on the street south of the Parking areas. Same side of the street. I have the Mikes tinted touring shield. E52 top box. No side boxes on yesterday. Zumo and spot mounts and I hung the shoei multitec from the bars. (with the h.d. headset in it)
It was a Great day for a ride.
: )

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
My rear rebound damping adjustment goes 15 clicks out from Hardest position, for a total of 16 settings. I had mine at 12 clicks out, and will now try 15 clicks out at Softest position, with spring preload setting still at #3...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts