Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if my rear brake pedal is correctly placed. It's lower than my Norton or my wife's Buell, and lower than other bikes I've ridden.

Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also think it is rather out of place. But, with my pegs lowered and slightly adjusting it, all is good now.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so yours is in the same place. Thanks. At least it seems like it's intentional then. I was wondering if it might be intended to keep people from going too hard on the rear brake.

·
Registered
670 Posts
mine is lower than i'd like, too. i'll fix it eventually, if i can wedge a couple of tools back there.

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
When i first got mine it felt like the brake pedal was going to hit the ground when applied. thought i'd just get use to it but when i had the motorwerks lowering blocks put on the problem went away. not sure if they adjusted the pedal or if it was the blocks

·
Registered
779 Posts
As above. It is adjustable you know. It has a maybe 40 degrees of adjustment fellas.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a reason to keep it low, though? Or is it mostly personal preference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did i miss something ?

The pros seem to imply that the owner's manual instructs on how to adjust the rear brake pedal, but reading the manual shows that it actually instructs on adjusting the rear brake light switch, NOT the rear brake pedal position.

Anyone ?:feedback:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My pedal sits way lower than that picture. I know Adjusted my shifter to fit my boots, and assume I did the same to the brake. I dont think exactly were it is matters, as long as you are comfortable with its placement.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
I also got my Versys with brake pedal too low... There is no good reason for having it low. It should simply be at proper height for optimal feel and actuation, slightly under natural riding foot position.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My theory is that this part of the manual was copied from a bike with a more leaned forward riding position so that the rider's foot is rotated more to the front of the peg and thus the pedal is in a good position.

Like others here, the Speedy peg lowering kit solved the problem for me and the pedal is right where I want it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts